Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnsonBox

The evil sect of Christianity

76 posts in this topic

One day as I walked in the downtown of my city, some silly yet exciting looking young woman, about 23, handed me a leaflet which read:

So long as you accept Jesus as the Savior, willing to admit your guilt and to repent, the crimes and sins commited by you in your lifetime will be blamed on Jesus, and you thus become innocent.

It sounds too good to be true, right? You rob, rape; you cheat and murder; and then you accept the gospel and blame all your wrongdoings on Jesus and become innocent. No victims thereafter can blame you and hold you responsible, because you've been innocent by drinking Jesus' precious blood.

How evil! But it is exactly what has been happening in China. Those who have joined the evil sect of Christianity never stop doing evil things. They can commit any kind of felony and then walk away, as if nothing has happened. Because they have prayed to Jesus and thus become "innocent." (John 6:56 ) For them, the vicious cycle (commit a crime, pray to Jesus; commit again, pray once more...) is never ending.

I do not think this is real Christianity. But this sect of it is rampant in mainland China.

But what is going on in America? I don't know.

1 person likes this

If they had actually accepted Jesus as their savior, they would be following his example rather than continuing to do wrong.

Nobody is perfect, but one nonetheless tries to walk the right path.

Otherwise they're just kidding themselves and everyone else.

7 people like this

JohnsonBox, the statement on the leaflet you were handed contradicts with what the Bible actually says, in Matthew 7:

21 ?Not everyone who says to me, ?Lord, Lord,? will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ?Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?? 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ?I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!?

The will is "walking (and staying) on the right path", as Deranged mentioned in their post above.

I will also state the rest of the verses in the chapter, for your interest:

24 ?Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.?

Isn't it common sense that if you "build your house on the rock", it won't "fall" when "rain and wind" comes?

Ask the young woman to recite the scripture above to test her out, if you see her again.

4 people like this

anyone who Murder's people or Rape's them is obviously evil as it's not hard to avoid doing those things for most people.

they are pretty much screwed in the after life especially those who keep doing it like it's no big deal. i think it's possible if someone murdered someone to change into a better person but obviously those who do it like it's no big deal (like feel no remorse etc) and keep on doing it are obviously evil.

I do not think this is real Christianity

you don't need to think it. obviously it's not real Christianity.

anyone who is even remotely decent knows that much.

1 person likes this

I do not think this is real Christianity. But this sect of it is rampant in mainland China.

But what is going on in America? I don't know.

I've never heard of it. That doesn't mean it's not happening, though. It seems evil to me as well.

1 person likes this

I'm glad that traditional 'Christianity' is fading out, and a better Spiritual understanding of the Universe is coming. ;)

I'm glad that traditional 'Christianity' is fading out, and a better Spiritual understanding of the Universe is coming. ;)

Huh? What? I hope your being sarcastic.

You and me both, unfortunately the new age woo is popular these days

anyone who Murder's people or Rape's them is obviously evil as it's not hard to avoid doing those things for most people.

they are pretty much screwed in the after life especially those who keep doing it like it's no big deal. i think it's possible if someone murdered someone to change into a better person but obviously those who do it like it's no big deal (like feel no remorse etc) and keep on doing it are obviously evil.

you don't need to think it. obviously it's not real Christianity.

anyone who is even remotely decent knows that much.

Many lols to be had from opinion 9746843248907642 on who gets to haven asserted as fact.

The whole notion of original sin is daft anyway. Accusing someone of being sinful just for being alive, and then telling them that the only way to cleanse oneself of said sin is through mindless acts of sycophantic worship is not at all representative of love and peace, it's a very vile thought pattern. We become who we are through our choices and our actions, and no decent human being would ever tell you that you should accept the blame for something you never even did (which is pretty much what accepting Jesus' gift amounts to, given that God's original beef is with adam and eve).

The path to self actualisation comes from self determination, strength of character, mental strength, and not from blind and unthinking faith. Telling people that they're evil and full of sin just for being human is a vile idea, so anyone that spreads that idea is no worse than the mainstream ideals of Christianity.

4 people like this

Dominionism FTW!

1 person likes this

The whole notion of original sin is daft anyway. Accusing someone of being sinful just for being alive, and then telling them that the only way to cleanse oneself of said sin is through mindless acts of sycophantic worship is not at all representative of love and peace, it's a very vile thought pattern. We become who we are through our choices and our actions, and no decent human being would ever tell you that you should accept the blame for something you never even did (which is pretty much what accepting Jesus' gift amounts to, given that God's original beef is with adam and eve).

The path to self actualisation comes from self determination, strength of character, mental strength, and not from blind and unthinking faith. Telling people that they're evil and full of sin just for being human is a vile idea, so anyone that spreads that idea is no worse than the mainstream ideals of Christianity.

Original sin has been interpreted many ways throughout time. My belief is that original sin is not stating that since you are alive you are a sinner, it is referring to the sin of Adam and Eve eating the forbidden fruit against God's will. Some sects of Christianity would have you believe that we all inherit this original sin, and all the sins of our unrepentant ancestors. I for one do not believe that sin is inherited, rather committed in ones life. While an individual should not be responsible for the sins of their ancestors, they will ultimately sin throughout the course of their life because humans have free will and are inherently prideful and selfish. I am not your typical bible thumping Christian. I don't believe in the Trinity or in the classical ideal that Mary was a virgin in the modern sense (virgin used to just mean unwed). I believe that Jesus was conceived through human copulation and out of wedlock. This should not be interpreted that Jesus was any less important, as I believe that he is to be a role model for humanity, that people should help others and live selfless lives. While Christianity, Islam and Judaism all have theological differences and disagreements, I think they would all agree that living a life of selflessness and being humble to a greater power is the ideal path to salvation. I don't think there is any bona fide religion in this world that would agree with the idea that you can do all the ill you want as long as you repent.

We still recieve punishment for our crimes. If you murder someone, you still serve your time in jail. If you commit adultery and it is discovered, you will probably will lose your marriage. You are forgiven, but you still will recieve the consequences of your sin. Also, if you look at Romans Chapter 5 the awesome thing about Gods grace is where sin abounds, grace abounds more. This is the awesomeness of the gospel anyone can be forgiven!!! But lets not forget what Romans 6 says. We do not sin that Grace may abound, because whatever you chose to obey will become your master. If you choose to sin, you will become a slave to sin indicating God is not your master. Jesus dieing for our sins and paying for our sins is awesome, because none of us are perfect. So we need someone to pay for our sin. It is not a free ticket to live as you want.

Also the in the new testament, it indicates that we are to pay back anything we have stolen. Not a free ticket. In Luke 19-Zacchaeus said he would pay 4x back what he stole.

Thanks

I have never sinned, nor can I ever commit sin. Also, this idea that I am responsible for the actions of another is ridiculous.

1 person likes this

Original sin has been interpreted many ways throughout time. My belief is that original sin is not stating that since you are alive you are a sinner, it is referring to the sin of Adam and Eve eating the forbidden fruit against God's will. Some sects of Christianity would have you believe that we all inherit this original sin, and all the sins of our unrepentant ancestors. I for one do not believe that sin is inherited, rather committed in ones life. While an individual should not be responsible for the sins of their ancestors, they will ultimately sin throughout the course of their life because humans have free will and are inherently prideful and selfish. I am not your typical bible thumping Christian. I don't believe in the Trinity or in the classical ideal that Mary was a virgin in the modern sense (virgin used to just mean unwed). I believe that Jesus was conceived through human copulation and out of wedlock. This should not be interpreted that Jesus was any less important, as I believe that he is to be a role model for humanity, that people should help others and live selfless lives. While Christianity, Islam and Judaism all have theological differences and disagreements, I think they would all agree that living a life of selflessness and being humble to a greater power is the ideal path to salvation. I don't think there is any bona fide religion in this world that would agree with the idea that you can do all the ill you want as long as you repent.

Based on what you've said, you're not a Christian at all. None of your ideas would be accepted by any sect of Christianity.

Based on what you've said, you're not a Christian at all. None of your ideas would be accepted by any sect of Christianity.

Actually Compl3x, you would be surprised about how much of that would be accepted in the Catholic Church, and that is arguably the Mother of all Christian Sects.

1. The teach of Original sin is what is taught by the Catholic Church. It is the tendency to sin due to Adam and Eve eating the apple from the tree of knowledge.

2. Mary was not wed when Jesus was conceived. This in and of itself at the time would make her a virgin. However, the Catholic Church never defines the process. It is left alone, but most believe it was by divine impregnation.

3. You do not get to do all the evil and then say I believe, all done.

But the Trinity is a corner stone of the Catholic belief system.

The Catholic church and Easter Orthodox tradition give far more leniency in thoughts and investigation of their faiths to the individual than other sects of Christianity.

The members of this evil sect are vampires who drink Jesus Christ's blood. They are usually weak-minded and poorly educated, unable to study Holy Bible based on the integrity of it. Concentrated on John 6:54-56, they would feel that they have to, they are forced to be such vampires, for Jesus says:

Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood have eternal life, and I will raise them up on the last day; for my flesh is true food and my blood is true drink. Those who eat my flesh and drink my blood abide in me, and I in them.

1 person likes this

Most Christians would find the idea Jesus was conceived as any other human being to be obscene.

Actually Compl3x, you would be surprised about how much of that would be accepted in the Catholic Church, and that is arguably the Mother of all Christian Sects.

1. The teach of Original sin is what is taught by the Catholic Church. It is the tendency to sin due to Adam and Eve eating the apple from the tree of knowledge.

2. Mary was not wed when Jesus was conceived. This in and of itself at the time would make her a virgin. However, the Catholic Church never defines the process. It is left alone, but most believe it was by divine impregnation.

3. You do not get to do all the evil and then say I believe, all done.

But the Trinity is a corner stone of the Catholic belief system.

The Catholic church and Easter Orthodox tradition give far more leniency in thoughts and investigation of their faiths to the individual than other sects of Christianity.

By his sin Adam, as the first man, lost the original holiness and justice he had received from God, not only for himself but for all humans. Adam and Eve transmitted to their descendants human nature wounded by their own first sin and hence deprived of original holiness and justice; this deprivation is called "original sin". As a result of original sin, human nature is weakened in its powers, subject to ignorance, suffering and the domination of death, and inclined to sin (this inclination is called "concupiscence").[47]

all that is coming is a load of new-age bull**** from various pagan sources and self-help crap to fill in the blanks.

all that is coming is a load of new-age bull**** from various pagan sources and self-help crap to fill in the blanks.

Christianity had no problems knocking off tradtions from the pagans. It's always easier to co-opt a tradition than start a new one. ;)

I agree about the new-age crap. It is getting tedious.

I'm hoping all currently popular religions die, natural selection should see to that since 100% of religious people are unintelligent (they can be smart sure, but are ultimately unintelligent given their beliefs) I've tired of all such institutions.

When they die they will be replaced with "religions" more ridiculous, and more annoying.. but they will take eons to reach the power of the current crop of popular mythology.

The realisation that you cannot stamp out all religon is a sad one, because gullability, low IQ, and susceptability to brainwashing is genetic, and denial is a defence mechanism.

I'm hoping all currently popular religions die, natural selection should see to that since 100% of religious people are unintelligent (they can be smart sure, but are ultimately unintelligent given their beliefs) I've tired of all such institutions.

When they die they will be replaced with "religions" more ridiculous, and more annoying.. but they will take eons to reach the power of the current crop of popular mythology.

The realisation that you cannot stamp out all religon is a sad one, because gullability, low IQ, and susceptability to brainwashing is genetic, and denial is a defence mechanism.

We are glad you are here to lead everyone in the right way of Atheism.

Way to not understand basic concepts or the human race.

The only mythology here, is your understanding of the world.

Sinning isn't something that you are just given a license to do. It's something that you want to avoid. The idea is to be a better person and stay away from Sin.

God doesn't want you to sin over and over and it's not a get out of jail free card.

That entire thing makes a mockery out of Jesus and what his death and life really means.

Humans were not supposed to be like this, but this is what WE AS A PEOPLE CHOSE. Everything has a choice and everything has a penalty.

Just like in life, I can go give a homeless person some food and a place to live or I can get a firearm and go someplace to shoot. This is a choice, how we live our lives is a choice

and there are payments for that choice in life and beyond life.

If I kill someone, I go to prison for a long time and my life is ruined and this will also be judged after I die.

Our actions affect other people in life and after life. Everyone is accountable for their actions.

How can you attribute meaning to the life of someone that you can't even prove actually existed? There are no contemporary writings of his life; just stories written after his supposed death.

For someone who was meant to be the king of jews etc, why are there no chronicles of his life between his birth and approx age 30? You'd think someone that important would have a bit more written about their entire lives... There aren't even any paintings or statues or anything. Just bible stories.

If a person existed, then their lives had meaning. But if they didn't, then its just stories.

How can you attribute meaning to the life of someone that you can't even prove actually existed? There are no contemporary writings of his life; just stories written after his supposed death.

For someone who was meant to be the king of jews etc, why are there no chronicles of his life between his birth and approx age 30? You'd think someone that important would have a bit more written about their entire lives... There aren't even any paintings or statues or anything. Just bible stories.

If a person existed, then their lives had meaning. But if they didn't, then its just stories.

Plus, it's blatantly obvious that most of the "facts" about Jesus were stolen from the stories of Horus...

147-Jesus-vs.-Horus.jpeg

3 people like this

For the last time humanity chose sin. It was a choice. We were given a paradise and we screwed up. Don't worry though, because this paradise is not gone for good, just transformed a bit.

Yeah, I know you atheists don't believe this, but if you were to understand even half of what this was all about it would blow your minds.

God gave humans free will and they had chosen sin, but the good news is that God doesn't give up on us. I am so happy he never gave up on me. You can repent from Sin. God will honor that and he will honor people who want a relationship with him.

1 person likes this