10 posts in this topic

Posted

I rather not use Teamviewer within my LAN since it is noticeably slower. The only thing is that I would prefer to be able to log into another PC without that PC locking. Is that possible? All the PCs have Win 8 Pro

Posted

I'm not aware of a way, but you can use remote assistance.

Posted

Yes. It involves patching a system file. At least one utility is available to do this; search for "Multiple RDP (Remote Desktop) sessions on Windows 8".
1 person likes this

Posted

[quote name='AndyD' timestamp='1356300332' post='595411784']I rather not use Teamviewer within my LAN since it is noticeably slower. The only thing is that I would prefer to be able to log into another PC without that PC locking. Is that possible? All the PCs have Win 8 Pro[/quote]
Unless something's changed, officially, no. It's a limitation of the desktop version of remote desktop, one active session at a time. There is a couple *cough* unofficial ways around that limitation in the previous desktop versions of the OS, no idea if it's been done for 8 yet. I'd suspect it can't be mentioned here.
1 person likes this

Posted

Ah ok. I remember doing this for Windows XP. I'll have a look around

Posted

[quote name='Relativity_17' timestamp='1356300759' post='595411798']
Yes. It involves patching a system file. At least one utility is available to do this; search for "Multiple RDP (Remote Desktop) sessions on Windows 8".
[/quote]
Thanks ;)

Posted

Web-Ex can do this, but it isn't practical for home use.

Posted

Yeah you can view the other person session if that's what you mean! I'm sure you can somehow...

Posted

Vnc would be a way to go. Well there is sccm but it is not free nor can you put it on without a server.

Posted

"Teamviewer within my LAN since it is noticeably slower"

And are you connecting via lan, or going through their brokerage service. Just connecting via lan should be faster you would think. Are you running the current version 8?