Do You Beleive in Miracles?

I may be using the word wrongly, but I believe in miracles. When I see a beautiful sunset with the sky all aflame in red, and yellow, and orange, I see a miracle. When I see a simple act of kindness, I see a miracle. When I taste some of my wife's homemade chocolate fudge, I taste a miracle. It's not that I believe it's from god, or something unknown and unexplainable, but that it evokes a sense of wonder and joy in me. It's a wonderful thing.

When most people use the word miracle, they refer to something extraordinary that happened because of God. When I use the word miracle, I refer to something unexpectedly wonderful or marvellous.

I watched the video and I don't believe she was cured because of God. It's easy to think that way if you're religious but there's no evidence to support miracles. It makes more sense that the cancer just simply went into remission. There have been a lot of cases where people are seemingly cured of cancer because of their unique genetic makeup and/or medication.

I don't believe in miracles because I don't believe in things that haven't been proven to exist.

Me too.

Lets for a minuite assume that the person visiting her cured the problem, it begs the question why her at not say an infant in ICU who is near to death and has not yet as herself had the pleasure of many years of life?

^

What? :huh:

In this episode of Help From Beyond, a strange visitor came to Bella, 15, who was dying from cancer.

In other words if you were an angel why choose her?

In other words if you were an angel why choose her?

I suppose some might argue that maybe she's "destined for greater things", but I'd just come back with "So why'd she get sick in the first place? God napping on the job again?"

I guess from a religious veiwpoint it could be said her faith is being tested

What kind of "loving god" tests you by trying to kill you?

Wow, what a douche this god is... Remind me to kick him in the balls if I ever see him...

Loving.....hmm maybe not,controlling yes very much so.

I do vaguely remember a story once told from the origional old testement where God tried to force a brother have sex with his sister in law and because he would not fertilse her with his seed the man was cast out, if memory serves..

Do I believe in miracles? Yes.

Do I believe in miracles in the sense that there is some divine intervention? No. A miracle for me is just something that was highly unlikely to occur.