android

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 Jason S.

Jason S.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 26 December 2012 - 15:41

What phone and Android version are you using? On my GS3 I can easily go longer than a day off a charge, and I use it for all my email, twitter, and some Facebook I will generally pop it on the charger with a good 30-40% left on the battery after 16 hours

It's the HTC Rezound running ICS. ive tried all sorts of combinations to save power - limiting syncs, background apps, turning off GPS, wifi, BT. i've tried days w/ 3G only, then days w/ 4G only. doesnt make a difference. i have the brightness turned down to about 30%. you name it, i've tried it. unfortunately, since the rezound has a great screen (still one of the highest ppi), i think it consumes the most power.

#17 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 15

Posted 26 December 2012 - 15:48

Hmm, 5 minutes later and I've uninstalled it. There doesn't seem to be a way to customise the custom profile without paying for the pro version, and I don't want to use a trial version of the pro.

#18 OP Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 December 2012 - 15:50

Hmm, 5 minutes later and I've uninstalled it. There doesn't seem to be a way to customise the custom profile without paying for the pro version, and I don't want to use a trial version of the pro.

Why not? It's the full pro version (the developer also updates it with every new version) that is valid until March.

#19 pes2013

pes2013

Neowinian

Posted 26 December 2012 - 15:52

You can do all this yourself; Simply disable Facebook for example and when you want to use it enable it. Same thing the app does.

Battery saving apps do not work.

#20 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 December 2012 - 15:53

Why not? It's the full pro version (the developer also updates it with every new version) that is valid until March.

Because as it currently stands I haven't provided my bank details to the Play Store, and I don't intend to for the moment. If I haven't added my details by March (which is entirely possible), and if this application does work, I'm going to be disappointed going back to only one day worth of battery life.

As I said before, it's no biggie. I can deal with my battery as it is at the moment.

#21 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 26 December 2012 - 15:56

Because as it currently stands I haven't provided my bank details to the Play Store, and I don't intend to for the moment. If I haven't added my details by March (which is entirely possible), and if this application does work, I'm going to be disappointed going back to only one day worth of battery life.

As I said before, it's no biggie. I can deal with my battery as it is at the moment.

I am sure you could probably find a download of it bundled with a linux ISO... that just happens to not come with the linux ISO.. even though it should.

#22 draklin

draklin

Neowinian

Posted 26 December 2012 - 15:57

It's the HTC Rezound running ICS. ive tried all sorts of combinations to save power - limiting syncs, background apps, turning off GPS, wifi, BT. i've tried days w/ 3G only, then days w/ 4G only. doesnt make a difference. i have the brightness turned down to about 30%. you name it, i've tried it. unfortunately, since the rezound has a great screen (still one of the highest ppi), i think it consumes the most power.

I've got the Rezound as well and I can get some great battery life on it. Not sure if you run custom roms, but if you are rooted, one trick you can do is get SetCPU and create a profile to seriously underclock the cpu when the screen is off as you probably don't have much of a need to get things done quickly when the screen is off.

#23 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 December 2012 - 15:59

I am sure you could probably find a download of it bundled with a linux ISO... that just happens to not come with the linux ISO.. even though it should.

Good one. But no, I'm not going to do that, especially when the app is only 1.95CHF. How low would I have to be to steal 2CHF?

#24 OP Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 December 2012 - 16:11

No need for that (for now). Like I mentioned before, the developer actually gives a fully functuioning and updated pro version for free to all to try out... until March.
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2030696

Good one. But no, I'm not going to do that, especially when the app is only 1.95CHF. How low would I have to be to steal 2CHF?

-edited out-

#25 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 26 December 2012 - 16:49

Not low at all? Jeeze, I steal free stuff :|

#26 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 December 2012 - 17:02

Not low at all? Jeeze, I steal free stuff :|

...I honestly have no idea how that works. How can you steal something that is free?

Anyway, it's all beside the point. The problem isn't that I don't have the money to buy the app, it's just that my details aren't on Google Play and at the moment I don't plan on doing so. If I wanted the app badly enough I would buy it.

#27 xendrome

xendrome

In God We Trust; All Others We Monitor

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 26 December 2012 - 17:07

There are a ton of these apps out there and there is nothing amazing about it. You sacrafice push updates/notifications, background data transfer, being able to see the screen etc. What good is crippling your device just so it lasts a few hours longer.

#28 OP Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 December 2012 - 17:29

There are a ton of these apps out there and there is nothing amazing about it. You sacrafice push updates/notifications, background data transfer, being able to see the screen etc. What good is crippling your device just so it lasts a few hours longer.

There's not a single app out there that does what this one does (and it does something simple). If you want to compare it to something, the closes thing is iPhone... but better. Better because it actually doesn't disables background syncing functionality when your screen is off. It limits it in a configurable manner to your need. Read the description: "During deepsleep mode, Wifi, 3G are turned off, background apps are stopped. Therefore, most apps are not working, including Facebook, Google Service, etc,. It then constantly wakes up in order to download email, sync Facebook status, etc,. It's defined by deepsleep frequency and woke up duration"

Or just look at this pretty picture:
Posted Image

And really, not just "a few hours". Check the screenshot I posted in the second post.

#29 aionaddict

aionaddict

Neowinian

Posted 26 December 2012 - 17:40

might be useful for some but I kinda agree with most other people here it somewhat ruins the point of having all of your push apps which is the main thing smartphones are used for.

#30 OP Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 December 2012 - 17:46

might be useful for some but I kinda agree with most other people here it somewhat ruins the point of having all of your push apps which is the main thing smartphones are used for.

I just don't understand you people. How does this ruin it for you? Don't want it to shutdown your twitter app? Just white list it and let it run in the background, draining your battery while twitter itself is configured to sync every 30 minutes by default if you haven't changed it. Leave the better option of this application turning the twitter application off while the screen is off and then let it turn it back on ONLY when it's time for the sync function to be executed :rolleyes: