What are your reasons for staying on Windows?

1. Cost

2. Gaming

3. Inexpensive software.

4. It works.

Precisely - all the above.

Despite Linux distributions (mostly) having no cost whatever, the sheer multitude of distributions has worked against Linux as a whole and prevented the stabilizing factor in terms of hardware support necessary to displace Windows in terms of desktops. It really isn't helping any to find Windows becoming quite capable of taking on (if not dethroning) not merely Linux distributions, but UNIX, when it comes to a real alternative to the mainframe - clustering. Considering that I came to PCs *from* mainframes - and IBM mainframes at that - the reality that a Windows-based mainframe-equivalent is not only possible today, but PRACTICAL today, simply boggles.

Monopoly isn't available on other operating systems?

Only for iOS and Android currently - there is no current version of Monopoly for OS X.

Of the main things I do, they all work perfectly on Windows. I use my computer mainly for: BF3, Skyrim, watching HD Movies with mpc-hc, web browsing, playing music. Of those things, I know for a fact that BF3 and Skyrim will not run in Mac and Linux. I tried Linux with several movie playing software apps, they all had annoying screen tearing I could not figure out how to remove (didn't research it long though, because KUbuntu was such a crashy mess I just gave up on it quickly - first the OS crashed every time I logged in, after I ran apt-get update or whatever from the console, I could log in but a bunch of apps crashed all the time, Kmix for instance crashed every time I logged in.) Macs are too expensive - don't want to think about how much my sig machine would cost if it were from apple. So basically the question becomes, why do I use a working solution instead of one that does not work. I'm just not fanboy material, the only thing that matters to me is if the system accomplishes my chosen tasks, everything else is a distant secondary concern. Since Windows works perfectly and is pretty cheap (especially Windows 8), I just don't even consider switching to things that would not work perfectly, for what I want to do with a computer.