Acer Aspire V3 771G W8 Clean Install

Question

I just got Acer Aspire V3 771G, it has W8 installed and as usual, alot of crap bundled. Can I use the retail Windows 8 disc to do a clean install and use the product key that came with the laptop?

Also there is no serial sticker on the bottom of new laptops nowadays, where do they put it?

2 answers to this question

I just got Acer Aspire V3 771G, it has W8 installed and as usual, alot of crap bundled. Can I use the retail Windows 8 disc to do a clean install and use the product key that came with the laptop?

Also there is no serial sticker on the bottom of new laptops nowadays, where do they put it?

You can use the product key that came with your laptop provided that it is a Windows 8 product key. Not sure how to check but I would just give it a try. It should be at the bottom of your laptop. I have Acer Aspire v3-571G and I didn't get any Windows 8 product key. However, I applied for ?14.99 upgrade offer which allowed me to upgrade from Windows 7 pro to Windows 8 pro for that price.

I am not sure if you will be having the driver issues after the upgrade but I had them all. Yeah, I had issues with wifi and nVidia drivers so as a precautionary measure, make sure you have an ethernet cable, You can then download Windows 8 drivers from here http://support.acer.com/product/default.aspx.

Windows 8 laptop have an RFID tag on the bottom, no key.

You can use the product key that came with your laptop provided that it is a Windows 8 product key. Not sure how to check but I would just give it a try. It should be at the bottom of your laptop. I have Acer Aspire v3-571G and I didn't get any Windows 8 product key. However, I applied for ?14.99 upgrade offer which allowed me to upgrade from Windows 7 pro to Windows 8 pro for that price.

I am not sure if you will be having the driver issues after the upgrade but I had them all. Yeah, I had issues with wifi and nVidia drivers so as a precautionary measure, make sure you have an ethernet cable, You can then download Windows 8 drivers from here http://support.acer.com/product/default.aspx.

His came with win8 pre installed. I you installed later you should run the acer upgrade assistant after install, it'll add all the drivers.