• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#46 OP Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• Tech Issues Solved: 56

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:27

I'll take that as a no, then.

I don't think you can no, I haven't found anything like it on mine anyway.

#47 +D. FiB3R

D. FiB3R

aka DARKFiB3R

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Lumia 800

Posted 07 January 2013 - 14:52

Bugger. I was really hoping they would have added that little feature by now.

#48 Daedroth

Daedroth

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 13 January 2013 - 22:12

I've bought a HTC Windows Phone 8S and had it for about 3 weeks now, and so far I'm really liking the phone. I've found some pros and cons about both the phone and operating system (that I can remember from the top of my head at the moment).

Pros:

1) The music quality using Beats Audio through a decent pair of headphones is excellent, much better quality than the iPod Touch 2nd Generation that the phone has replaced.
2) Quick operating system, doesn't feel sluggish
3) Office and OneNote applications are really good
4) Excellent keyboard
5) Love the customisable start screen
6) Good clear sound from speaker when calling someone
7) Like how you can add/remove photos/videos/music by drag and drop from Windows Explorer

Cons:

1) Sometimes the phone crashes when you swipe up to unlock the phone (where you enter the pin to unlock).
2) The Windows Phone application for Windows 7 is simply terrible.
3) Xbox Music is somewhat confusing to use, regarding creating playlists, etc.
4) Lack of official Google apps is annoying, as I don't really like having it integrating into the phone
5) Facebook chat can't be used while in battery saver
6) Bing button...it's so easy to press and so annoying when you do, as it pauses what you're doing and opens Bing
7) Multiple tabs - Apparently there are only two ways to close all your open tabs...
a) Hold the back button until the tab screen opens, select your tab and keep pressing back until you are back at the home screen
b) Keep pressing back for absolutely ages until you can't get past the home screen (Very annoying if you've been on many websites on Internet Explorer, as you have to go back through the all)

#49 jakem1

jakem1

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 January 2013 - 22:45

b) Keep pressing back for absolutely ages until you can't get past the home screen (Very annoying if you've been on many websites on Internet Explorer, as you have to go back through the all)

The easiest way to quickly close IE is to tap on the ellipses, tap on Tabs, close all open tabs and then hit the back button to close the browser. It's a bit clunky but it beats hitting the back button an indefinite number of times while you go back through your browsing history.

Of course there's not really any reason to close all your open apps because they're not using any resources when they're in the background.

#50 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 23 January 2013 - 20:03

1) Sometimes the phone crashes when you swipe up to unlock the phone (where you enter the pin to unlock).

I don't own a WP8 device yet but this doesn't feel normal. I think you should get it replaced if that sometimes turns into once a day or once a week.

#51 Daedroth

Daedroth

Neowinian

Posted 24 January 2013 - 19:52

I don't own a WP8 device yet but this doesn't feel normal. I think you should get it replaced if that sometimes turns into once a day or once a week.

My partner has one too, and hers also crashes sometimes when unlocking.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!