Wii U Controller

Just got Wii U (merry christmas!) and was going to pick up some games, but heard some games don't work with the Wii U controller (http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/accessories/wii-u-pro-controller-black/104811). Wondering does that only apply to games that are backward compatible (coming from Wii)? Will that work with all games developed for the Wii U (Madden 13, Super Mario Bros, etc.)?

Just got Wii U (merry christmas!) and was going to pick up some games, but heard some games don't work with the Wii U controller (http://www.gamestop....er-black/104811). Wondering does that only apply to games that are backward compatible (coming from Wii)? Will that work with all games developed for the Wii U (Madden 13, Super Mario Bros, etc.)?

Well the Wii U controller is optional to Wii U games that are more designed for the Wii U gamepad but should work with the Wii U controller Wii games however will not work with the Wii U controller as you need your Wii mote and nunchuck for those i would just use the Wii U gamepad if you are playing Wii U games tho as they was ment to be played

Also make sure ya update the Wii U software Firmware and all that also if your here in the States configure and try out Nintendo Tvii and such

Well the Wii U controller is optional to Wii U games that are more designed for the Wii U gamepad but should work with the Wii U controller Wii games however will not work with the Wii U controller as you need your Wii mote and nunchuck for those i would just use the Wii U gamepad if you are playing Wii U games tho as they was ment to be played

Also make sure ya update the Wii U software Firmware and all that also if your here in the States configure and try out Nintendo Tvii and such

Ya bout 70% on the update, going pretty quick. Just wondering about controllers for 2-4 player games. Such as playing Madden or a Smash game whenever one is released.

Ya bout 70% on the update, going pretty quick. Just wondering about controllers for 2-4 player games. Such as playing Madden or a Smash game whenever one is released.

oh well yea i would grab a couple of them pro controllers then for multi-player it work out well.

Just got Wii U (merry christmas!) and was going to pick up some games, but heard some games don't work with the Wii U controller (http://www.gamestop....er-black/104811). Wondering does that only apply to games that are backward compatible (coming from Wii)? Will that work with all games developed for the Wii U (Madden 13, Super Mario Bros, etc.)?

Some WiiU games will need Wii remotes for multiplayer.

Mario for example requires everyone to use wii remotes if you're playing 2-4 players, I'm not sure if it works with the pro controller instead though, it says you have to use the remote.

So the controller situation for the WiiU is as follows:

- Some games support only the tablet

- Some games support the tablet and remote

- Some games require the Remote

- Some games require the remote for certain situations

- Some games support the tablet and the pro controller

- Some games support all three

- Some games will probably only support the pro controller though it's essentially the tablet without the screen. unless the pro also has actual analog triggers.

Yeah, it's a total mess.

Some WiiU games will need Wii remotes for multiplayer.

Mario for example requires everyone to use wii remotes if you're playing 2-4 players, I'm not sure if it works with the pro controller instead though, it says you have to use the remote.

So the controller situation for the WiiU is as follows:

- Some games support only the tablet

- Some games support the tablet and remote

- Some games require the Remote

- Some games require the remote for certain situations

- Some games support the tablet and the pro controller

- Some games support all three

- Some games will probably only support the pro controller though it's essentially the tablet without the screen. unless the pro also has actual analog triggers.

Yeah, it's a total mess.

Erm no it's not that much of a mess.

All WiiU games support the included controller. Wiimotes are used as additional controllers in multiplayer or as alternate controls for singleplayer. Pro controller works as an alternate on games that support it.

Old wii games only support the wiimotes, for obvious reasons.

So really it's no different to buying a xbox/ps and getting one controller included, then needing to buy additional controllers for multiplayer.

Except with an xbox if I wanted to play multuplayer on Mario game, I'd just buy another regular controller. I wouldn't buy two more special wii Motes to play multiplayer on it. and then I need to play some multiplayer tag with my friend. oh right, can't use the WiiMote for that, buy some overpriced pro controllers to.

it is a mess.

Except with an xbox if I wanted to play multuplayer on Mario game, I'd just buy another regular controller. I wouldn't buy two more special wii Motes to play multiplayer on it. and then I need to play some multiplayer tag with my friend. oh right, can't use the WiiMote for that, buy some overpriced pro controllers to.

it is a mess.

But there just Wii motes, dirt cheap by now and/or if you owned a Wii at some point you may have some lying about. I do. Isnt it cheaper to buy them than like 1-3 additional pro controllers?

I do agree its a little messy. But its not that hard to get your head round.

Tablet / Pro - Mainly 1-2 player Wii U games

Wii motes - Mainly Wii games and 3-4 player Wii U games.

Tho it does seem like a little forceful purchasing to ensure you have the means to play whatever your social gathering. Mind you least theres no GC ports on it lol.

Also Hawkman, I dont wish to insight fanboy-ism, but you do seem to have it in for Ninty a little.

The pro controller is quite expensive the wii motes are like half the price, but they're still not cheap, they're still the price of an expensive game.

More when you buy them at an expensive local store like I had to do if I wanted a Wiimote before xmas. for the WiiU.

And then you have stupid limitations like in Mario where you can't play two people with one on the tablet and one of a wiimote. well you can but then only the wiimote person plays and the other is placing stupid platforms on the touchscreen.

So basicaly if you want to play multiplayer you need to fork out the cash for at least 2 wiimotes, and two pro controllers(the ergonomy on the tablet is so bad if I was to fight my GF on Tekken, the one with the tablet would definitiely lose)

Also I think I have a right to complain when nintendo forces me to shell out tons of extra cash to use the gaming machine we bought from them.