Solid wired/wireless router?

Basically looking to get a router that is super solid, I don't need any fancy features like a built-in LCD screen or built-in NAS or anything like that, just a basic wired/wireless router. But I do want the ability to use Tomato firmware (or similar) and a solid wireless capability (my current gateway, SBG6580, gets 2.5 MB/s over wireless max, it's so damn slow).

Most of my wireless devices support 802.11n, but I still have one or two that only support 802.11g.

What are the current models out there for solid routers, preferable with changeable firmware?

If any other questions need to be known, ask away.

The ASUS ones are pretty good recently. Asus RT-N66U is a beast.

Also good are the old Linksys ones, but they're pretty hard to find. I have a Linksys E4200v1 on Tomato (v2 doesn't run Tomato) and I love it. It has been 100% completely stable since I got it before the summer and my speeds are brilliant, reaching around 100Mbps over WiFi even through some walls on 2.4Ghz (which is pretty much really great for WiFi).

Netgear WNR3500L (v1 or v2, both are fine) is also pretty good.

If you're looking for a good Tomato, I can only recommend Toastman's. All his builds can be found here, you can have a look what routers/AP's are supported: http://www.4shared.com/dir/v1BuINP3/Toastman_Builds.html

Have fun picking one ^^ !

Forgot to mention my budget, I would like to stay under $80, definitely no more than $100 but anything over $80 is pushing my budget. Out of the ones you listed, all but the WNR3500L seem a bit out of my price range. So right now, that one is my top choice.....I'll wait around a bit for other recommendations to see what else is out there.