• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#16 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 5,925 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:30

Wouldn't your body just go into Starvation Mode and hold onto more calories and make more fat the next time you eat?

#17 Rohdekill

Rohdekill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,516 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:38

I eat, drink anything I want, as much as I want. Yet, I weigh the exact same, every year, since 1983. +/- 2 pounds.

#18 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

• 2,699 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 14:12

I eat two meals a day and 1 snack and do exercise and no soda. Guess what Im not fat!!

exercise....15 minutes a day while watching kids and tv. It is so easy. Just have to not be lazy.

#19 vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

• 4,776 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 14:30

how about instead of fasting one day a week, you exercise a few days a week? maybe thats better advice? notice how sometimes non obese people also get diabetes? theres a hormone in fat cells that causes insulin resistance,and its more active when you're not active. the more fat you carry,the higher the risk, but exercise will work wonders.

#20 siah1214

siah1214

Neowinian Senior

• 2,161 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 14:32

I eat two meals a day and 1 snack and do exercise and no soda. Guess what Im not fat!!

exercise....15 minutes a day while watching kids and tv. It is so easy. Just have to not be lazy.

For real, it's not that hard. People just like to blame it on other stuff. Unless you have thyroid problems (odds are, you don't), a lifestyle change will fix the problem.

#21 psionicinversion

psionicinversion

Neowinian Senior

• 1,861 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 14:33

starving yourself for 1 day a week is pointless cus the next day youll eat more than you normally would cus although your body wont mind that much your brain will think i need to eat more.

just excercise and thats it

#22 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 8,934 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 26 December 2012 - 14:37

I agree about the amount of additives in foods today. I try to avoid processed foods when I can, and if I'm going to eat anything that has been processed, I try to avoid AMD.

#23 vcfan

vcfan

POP POP RET

• 4,776 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 14:39

Wouldn't your body just go into Starvation Mode and hold onto more calories and make more fat the next time you eat?

thats actually a myth created by people selling diet plans like those low carb, or low fat ones.

its simple physics. your body needs energy for its daily work. if you give it too much energy,the extra is stored as fat. you give it too little, then it needs to get it from somewhere.

if you give it just a little lower, then the body will convert fat to energy and preserve muscle.

if you eat way too little, then converting fat to energy is too slow, the body needs energy pronto,so what happens? your body start taking your muscle instead,because the conversion happens quick.

you will still lose "weight" by eating too little, but most of it is going to be from muscle rather than fat.

if your car didnt have gas in the tank, does it go into starvation mode? no it dies completely. if your cell phone battery didnt have enough juice,does it go into starvation mode? my point being,if your body wasnt getting enough energy,and was really in starvation mode, you would be in a coma

#24 leesmithg

leesmithg

The Major!

• 9,471 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 14:47

She should mind her own business and eat a bit more rather than looking skeletal.

#25 +giantsnyy

giantsnyy

Neowinian

• 1,064 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 14:52

Ridiculous. The reason there's an "Obesity Epidemic" is because of all the completely uneccessary additives that are put into most of the food we buy -- and fast food has more additives than most.

If anything, one should strive to limit fast food intake to once or twice a month, maximum.

Sure there are people who overeat -- but there are far less overeaters than one would think.

Yes, additives are a problem. I strive to eat mainly organic foods even though they are a bit pricier. Over regulation is what causes companies to do this... they'll use whatever they can to fit into the regulations and save as much money as they possibly can doing it. Food availability is the biggest problem. Why should I be able to drive around for 20 minutes in my town and find over 20 fast food restaurants? People wouldn't be as obese if they didn't have as many opportunities to eat the garbage fast food restaurants produce.

Also, instead of eating 3 large meals a day and snacking (or not) in between those meals, eat 6 small meals. When you eat less and in greater frequency your metabolism increases, burning fat to compensate.

#26 moloko

moloko

Neowinian Senior

• 2,699 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 15:59

For real, it's not that hard. People just like to blame it on other stuff. Unless you have thyroid problems (odds are, you don't), a lifestyle change will fix the problem.

Last week I watched a co-worker eat 2 value meals from mcdonalds and a mcRib when I had a happy meal. On days I eat out I work out 2-3 times more exercise to balance it out. The portiions when you eat out are huge. I can get an entree and that is two meals. i mean really people!!!

Yes, additives are a problem. I strive to eat mainly organic foods even though they are a bit pricier. Over regulation is what causes companies to do this... they'll use whatever they can to fit into the regulations and save as much money as they possibly can doing it. Food availability is the biggest problem. Why should I be able to drive around for 20 minutes in my town and find over 20 fast food restaurants? People wouldn't be as obese if they didn't have as many opportunities to eat the garbage fast food restaurants produce.

Also, instead of eating 3 large meals a day and snacking (or not) in between those meals, eat 6 small meals. When you eat less and in greater frequency your metabolism increases, burning fat to compensate.

I heard eating smaller meal but more of them are better for you. Plus lots of fruits. I hate eating veggies so I try to eat lots of fruit, berries, poms, apples. Even if eating out you can eat sensibly. We go out often but we (family) are not over weight.

#27 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,137 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 15:59

how about instead of fasting one day a week, you exercise a few days a week? maybe thats better advice?

Some people are just too fat to exercise. :laugh:

#28 compl3x

compl3x

OK. compl3x again.

• 7,987 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 26 December 2012 - 19:29

I don't think he is suggesting you forgo exercise, fast for one day, then the next day make up for what you didn't eat the day before.

#29 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 15,851 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1

Posted 26 December 2012 - 19:35

I can see not eating one day a week would save money however, it cannot be very good on your body to do it for an extended period of time.

#30 +Xinok

Xinok

Resident Reresident

• 3,491 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy S3 (Wicked)

Posted 26 December 2012 - 19:48

"Don't eat one day a week," good advice, I eat seven days a week.