opinion intelligence personality disease

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Biotoxic_hazard_835

Biotoxic_hazard_835

Neowinian Medic

• 2,697 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:09

I agree that Jack Russell Terriers are a handful but they are also a lot of fun and very loyal dogs. Mine has been with me for almost 6 years now and I wouldn't dream of changing him for any other breed.

#17 Reacon

Reacon

[VGW] Woohoo!

• 3,802 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:28

Most, if not all dogs' behaviour is subject to how you train them. I have a sweet pitbull that gets along with anybody that does not act threatening. Loves kids, too.

I also have a Chihuahua that would yap a lot, but funnier than that, she would try to stop yapping when we told her to shut up, and end up barking with her mouth closed. So It's probably something that is really just genetic, but cute as hell when it wasn't annoying. However, she would yap, but never act aggressive to other people. Usually after she sniffed them, she would roll over on her back in an attempt to receive a belly rub.

#18 redvamp128

redvamp128

Neowinian Senior

• 3,925 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:02

Posted Image

Plus a

Posted Image

Shitzu + Terrier= SH_Tzer

And is also the end of a bad joke.... a Bull_H_T

Can you imagine how the two would look.?

#19 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:03

Most, if not all dogs' behaviour is subject to how you train them. I have a sweet pitbull that gets along with anybody that does not act threatening. Loves kids, too.

I also have a Chihuahua that would yap a lot, but funnier than that, she would try to stop yapping when we told her to shut up, and end up barking with her mouth closed. So It's probably something that is really just genetic, but cute as hell when it wasn't annoying. However, she would yap, but never act aggressive to other people. Usually after she sniffed them, she would roll over on her back in an attempt to receive a belly rub.

Same, people think pitbulls are vicious killing machines, but my pitty is as sweet as can be. He got loose a few times and never once went after the kids outside or any of the other dogs that were outside at the time. Its all on how you treat them. However I will say this some dogs no matter the breed can be mean and vicious. I've had a dog that no matter how I treated it it was mean and would snap at people.

#20 Anibal P

Anibal P

Neowinian

• 4,230 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:24

Sure any dog can be trained to be good or nice. But also ANY dog can at any time snap for no apparent reason, and some dogs are more dangerous than others if that happens.

Also some dogs are more prone to snapping and violent behaviour. If you don't think behaviour is part of a breed, then you don't know much about dogs.

It's you that knows nothing of dog breeds, the breeds most likely to go "ballistic" are the ones that never make any list of "bad" dogs, for every Pit Bull bit you hear about the press ignores dozens of dig bites from the most beloved breeds, most "bad" breeds get their reputations from dog fighting rings, and you can usually find just about any breed there.

#21 saasn

saasn

~ Woot ~

• 182 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:30

I've got a Long Hair Chihuahua and his the best little dog I've had. His smart, loves to play and has been a breeze to train. He doesn't bite and is too lazy to yap at anything. I still can't believe the little bugger was dumped by his first owners, his a top little dog.

My Favourite breed would have to be Australian Black and white Border Collie. We had one for 16 years and she was the best larger dog I've ever had and still miss her to this day.

How ever the worse dog on my list are those little Maltese terriers they're awful little dogs.

#22 Buttus

Buttus

Neowinian Senior

• 3,293 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:43

It's you that knows nothing of dog breeds, the breeds most likely to go "ballistic" are the ones that never make any list of "bad" dogs, for every Pit Bull bit you hear about the press ignores dozens of dig bites from the most beloved breeds, most "bad" breeds get their reputations from dog fighting rings, and you can usually find just about any breed there.

that's true... there's lots of dog bites from almost every type of dog, pitbulls just kill the most people

http://en.wikipedia....e_United_States