Millions plan to sell unwanted Christmas gifts

More than four million Germans plan to cash in on unwanted Christmas gifts by either selling or auctioning them online, according to a survey published by the Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung.

Plans to sell or auction gifts were made even before the Christmas presents were opened :huh: , the survey showed. However most unwanted presents will be exchanged for something the recipient prefers.

The survey, released Friday afternoon by the high tech association Bitkom, showed 42 percent of Germans exchanged their gifts in stores, while 18 percent kept their presents ? even if they didn?t like them. Another 15 percent gave their unwanted presents away to someone else.

Bitkom said there are certain steps private sellers should take when selling their unwanted presents online. They must sign up as a private seller and are not responsible for any product guarantees and should make that known.

Both private and commercial sellers must make sure to accurately represent their products. Private sellers should take their own pictures and write their own product descriptions and not use ones from a manufacturer?s website, as these are likely copyright protected. Using such material could have legal consequences, the group warned.

source

this is why i usually tell everyone to buy me one of those visa/mastercard gift cards so i can purchase what i want without explaining it to newbies who don't understand technology

The survey, released Friday afternoon by the high tech association Bitkom, showed 42 percent of Germans exchanged their gifts in stores, while 18 percent kept their presents ? even if they didn?t like them. Another 15 percent gave their unwanted presents away to someone else.

Remind me to give a German a gift card next time and not waste my time buying a present.

I usually ask for money for xmas but I would never sell a present someone spent their money and time on, if I don't want it I just don't use it but I never sell it.