• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#46 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• 7,251 posts
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:22

I'd rather eat bacon and die at 70, then live without it and die at 80, a wrinkled and dribbling wreck.

Like a friend of mine always says, I'd rather die happy than healthy.

^^ this this and a million times this ^^

I gave up red meat several years ago, and my body thanked me for it, with better chemical/hormonal balance, smaller waistline, no belly fat, and general well-being. I felt 'better' within a few weeks tbh, though it took a while for the other effects to kick in.

I just did it since it was known to increase estrogen in men (based on how and where it is raised and pumped with chemicals) and increase heart disease and stomach paunch in general.

Best thing I did in my life, other than give up soda (aside from an occasional whiskey and coke). I will fight for some fried bacon now and then though... mmm mmm and some eggs.

A good free range well reared and managed piece of meat is a whole different story though. The main problem is that the study title suggests 'Red meat' but to many people don't understand the difference between good and bad meat.
As for giving up soda, good man, i myself did this and the effect it had on me was remarkable.

#47 Original Poster

Original Poster

Systems Developer

• 3,014 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:47

I'd rather eat bacon and die at 70, then live without it and die at 80, a wrinkled and dribbling wreck.

il see your 70 and raise you 50 ... I would rather live happy then die old

#48 Yogurtmaster

Yogurtmaster

Neowinian

• 1,225 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:51

Well, I don't plan to live that long. I would rather eat my cooked red meat and some chicken and get on with it. I love burgers. I am at least drinking more water. :-)