Photo

Could we have a Cooking/Recipe section ... ?

request

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Poll: Add Cooking Section ... ? (95 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like one ?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#46 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

☆♡Neowin's portion of Crazy♡☆

• Phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black (6.0.2)

Posted 28 December 2012 - 20:16

not saying we shouldn't have other topics, it's just gotten so much away from tech anymore...

meh

take it all or let go altogether

Don't half-ass appreciation for breadth.
If tech talk loses to other topics, that may have other reasons, because my wish to talk about certain things isn't distracted by my general conversing needs.

It might look like tech talk is losing by percentage, but certainly not by total amount I bet.

Glassed Silver:mac

#47 tiagosilva29

tiagosilva29

Looking for a job in Lisbon

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 29 December 2012 - 19:35

Hey guys how do I Beef Wellington?

#48 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 December 2012 - 00:48

I'm all for a cooking section. I feel that Neowin has moved away from just being a tech forum and has become more of a general forum now.

#49 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 December 2012 - 00:55

not saying we shouldn't have other topics, it's just gotten so much away from tech anymore...

Yes, it has. I guess we need to decide what we are. If we are a tech forum then we need to focus on that. If we are a general forum then we need to focus on that.

#50 siah1214

siah1214

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:05

Yes, it has. I guess we need to decide what we are. If we are a tech forum then we need to focus on that. If we are a general forum then we need to focus on that.

The tech sections are alive and well, the general sections are alive and well. Nothing needs to be decided, forums are what they are. We focus on what we want to focus on, and everyone wins. This is one of the best "general tech" forums I've ever been on so I'm happy the way we are.

#51 linsook

linsook

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:23

I think neowin, first and foremost is a tech news website, well that's how I thought of it when I first visited(I came here mainly for the xp beta leaks news). Believe it or not, I lurked around a bit before I even signed up and joined the forums. The forum was underwhelming at the time but that was over a decade ago. The forums were not as busy and did not have the amount of member's is has today. I don't think anything needs to be decided on. The forums evolved to the way it is now organically. People started to hang out in the forums as neowin began to grow, nurturing a community which began to have discussions on subjects other than technology. The generals section came to be and has evolved many times as with other new sections created due to the direction of community discussions. Now I'm not saying we must have a cooking section, I can live without it however, I have no objections either.

#52 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• Tech Issues Solved: 11

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:46

Hey guys how do I Beef Wellington?

Do it very well. :p

#53 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:59

The forums evolved to the way it is now organically. People started to hang out in the forums as neowin began to grow, nurturing a community which began to have discussions on subjects other than technology. The generals section came to be and has evolved many times as with other new sections created due to the direction of community discussions. Now I'm not saying we must have a cooking section, I can live without it however, I have no objections either.

If Neowin just evolved without any planning from the staff they are damn lucky and probably unique on the Internet.

#54 Glassed Silver

Glassed Silver

☆♡Neowin's portion of Crazy♡☆

• Phone: iPhone 5 64GB Black (6.0.2)

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:16

If Neowin just evolved without any planning from the staff they are damn lucky and probably unique on the Internet.

Of course Neowin staff shaped this forum to quite a degree,
but they only had so much influence after a certain point.

It's a known fact that Neowin accepts almost any topic now,
so what's popular gets posted mostly - regardless of a fitting sub-forum existing or not.
In worst case General Discussion is there to help out and see how popular it is.

Glassed Silver:mac

#55 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:20

Do it very well. :p

And for this we need a subforum? Just create a thread and be done with it.

#56 Charisma

Charisma

e-1337-ist

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:46

Am I the only one anymore that thinks a tech site should be well.... umm..... tech...

we've turned from a tech site into an anything goes site as of late on the forum end... I see more political debates then tech debates.... if we had reviews of new food gadgets, then yeah sure go for it!

See, what I LOVE about Neowin and the reason I signed up is because I love that i can get everything in one place. I like tech stuff, cars, video games, I can get real world news, I can get it all and not have to juggle loads of sites to (pretty much) keep on top of everything and find something interesting to read.

Long as you ignore the politics section, anyway >.<

#57 Azusa

Azusa

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:50

Just add "/activity" to the Hobby corner and use that.

#58 JJ_

JJ_

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:27

I've never come across a cooking/recipe thread on Neowin nor a great deal of general OT threads that warrant their own sub-forum.

#59 Nashy

Nashy

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 - SM-G900i

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:00

It would be awesome to see what others cook as a simple meal.

I always struggle for easy meals to have ready when my partner gets home from work.

#60 Azusa

Azusa

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:09

It would be awesome to see what others cook as a simple meal.

I always struggle for easy meals to have ready when my partner gets home from work.

• get bowl
  • make toast
  • cut into squares
  • place cheese on top
  • heat some baked beans
  • place more cheese on top
  • eat

best quick meal ever!