tunisia winning a bet doa

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 ArKeYa

ArKeYa

Neowinian

• 636 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:54

Can high cholesterol levels be the cause?

#17 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 14,347 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:57

Can high cholesterol levels be the cause?

Not within such a short space of time, no.

#18 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

• 6,033 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:58

I enjoy the taste of raw eggs. Drink two with a bit of salt pretty much every day.
Never had the need to drink more than that at once, but I bet it wouldn't kill me. There's just no reason for it to kill.

Some other cause was definitely involved.

#19 Guest_seanseany_*

Guest_seanseany_*

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:30

Who did he think he was "Cool Hand Luke" ?

Posted Image

This is eggsactly the kind of eggstreme behavior I would expect for an eggciting , eggstravagent and eggsplosive display of stupid ! Feel sorry for the doctors who had to eggsamine the body. I just hope the funeral costs are not eggstortionate, as its a lot to shell out these days :laugh:

Did he do it to impress a chick ?

Thats all yolks !

#20 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• 7,829 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:40

There's something undocumented going on here. Something in the eggs we don't know about... an easter egg, perhaps.

#21 SPEhosting

SPEhosting

C++ n00b

• 2,828 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:42

While I don't necessarily agree or disagree, what could/would have caused him to die then?

he could have a very slight allergy to the proteins in the egg? eating to much of one thing even if good for you can kill you (bannanas for example) he could of simply OD'ed on eggs lol or had a reaction he was having stomach pains it sounds like a rejection rather then some kind of virus ... the eggs them selves could have be contaminated with farm yard chemicals who knows :p

#22 Manish

Manish

Neowinian Senior

• 1,534 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:42

DEATH by egg. It isn't the most glamourous way to shuffle off this mortal coil but that's how it ended for one man after he ate 28 of them - raw.

The young Tunisian man has reportedly died after winning a bet to eat 28 raw eggs in one go.

Dhaou Fatnassi, 20, from the town of Kairouan, swallowed the eggs after his friends challenged him to do so for an undisclosed sum of money.

The young man then experienced stomach pains and was taken to hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival, Shems FM reported.

source

Clicked on the source link, expecting to see more information; instead I saw an example of **** journalism.

#23 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,267 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:44

Maybe a bad reaction to the eggs.

#24 Manish

Manish

Neowinian Senior

• 1,534 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:51

He died too quickly for that.

How have you established the timeframe?

I don't see why he couldn't have died from sepsis due to Salmonella infection from consuming multiple raw eggs.

#25 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 14,347 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 13:07

How have you established the timeframe?

I don't see why he couldn't have died from sepsis due to Salmonella infection from consuming multiple raw eggs.

Going by the article itself...

Dhaou Fatnassi, 20, from the town of Kairouan, swallowed the eggs after his friends challenged him to do so for an undisclosed sum of money.

The young man then experienced stomach pains and was taken to hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival, Shems FM reported.

Clearly indicating there was a short time period between ingestion and death. Far too fast for a salmonella infection; that would take in the order of multiple hours to manifest, and many more to kill him.

#26 Manish

Manish

Neowinian Senior

• 1,534 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 14:53

Going by the article itself...

Dhaou Fatnassi... swallowed the eggs... The young man then experienced stomach pains and was taken to hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival

"Then" could mean any acute time period following the swallowing of the eggs; it is not clearly indicative of a few seconds to minutes, especially not in a poorly reported article such as this.

#27 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 15,469 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928

Posted 28 December 2012 - 15:06

perhaps he had a pre-existing condition that was exasperated by the consumption of the 28 eggs?

#28 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 14,347 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 15:11

"Then" could mean any acute time period following the swallowing of the eggs; it is not clearly indicative of a few seconds to minutes, especially not in a poorly reported article such as this.

If salmonella killed him, it would have been a couple of days later. You don't put "then" for a time period several days (or even hours) later, you put it when you mean almost immediately after.

#29 Manish

Manish

Neowinian Senior

• 1,534 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 16:00

You don't put "then" for a time period several days (or even hours) later, you put it when you mean almost immediately after.

Or it's being used to establish a sequence of events rather than necessarily meaning immediately after. If I'd have replied to your post tomorrow, one could still say FloatingFatMan posted then Manish did.

If it was anaphylaxis, he'd be unlikely to experience just abdominal pain and die despite managing to seek medical help.

Shall we just agree to disagree as it's pointless trying to diagnose the cause of death solely based off this article?

#30 Jason S.

Jason S.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,881 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 16:09

about a year and a half ago i was visiting a friend. we had breakfast sandwiches one morning - toast, ham, egg, cheese. i had the egg, but my friend didnt. about an hour after eating it i started to feel weird. kinda sick, but i didnt think much of it. it got worse throughout the day. about 6hrs after eating, i lost it.... came back up in an amazing volume. after that, i was a total wreck for 8hrs. constant vomiting, diarrhea, cold sweats, fever, shaking. i couldnt keep anything down. 8 hours of total hell. it was the worst experience of my life.

the next day i managed to drive home (4hrs) but laid in bed for the next 2 days. i didnt get my appetite back for nearly a week. lost 15lbs. didnt eat an egg for about 3 months after that!

worst experience of my life. i wouldnt wish it on anyone.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!