Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Problems w/ COD4

5 posts in this topic

Posted

[color=#333333][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][left]I had to send my iMac back to have it's seagate HDD replaced under a recall so I'm stuck w/ my macbook for a while.[/left][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][left]I copied my COD player profile to the appropriate folder ( User>Library>App Support>COD4>Players>Profiles)[/left][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][left]Problem 1[/left][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][left]When trying to load the multiplayer game, it says that my stats couldn't be loaded and were reset.[/left][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][left]Problem 2[/left][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][left]I'm dealing w/ the issue for now and created a new profile. I'm being booted from servers for "Punkbuster" issues. This wasn't a problem before; I don't understand the issue.[/left][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][left]Any ideas?[/left][/size][/font][/color]

Posted

My player profile is locates in the program file C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\Profile but I am using Windows.

Posted

[quote name='Gary7' timestamp='1356715379' post='595419930']
My player profile is locates in the program file C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\Profile but I am using Windows.
[/quote]

It's set up a bit different on OSX.

Posted

Is the save file somehow locked to the other computer in any way? I haven't used a mac in ages but that could be something that's triggering punkbuster.

edit: ok I looked up your issue on bing and even though its for a pc it could be the same for mac. Apparently some dude was having issues with COD4 savefile and someone said theres a call of duty profile backup app. ill link the article. The article has links to the windows version but im sure bing or google can point you to a mac version of it.

[url="http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090214130609AALXSf2"]http://answers.yahoo...14130609AALXSf2[/url]

Posted

Well I did searches before I came here and I found that you should be able to simply copy the profile folder from one computer to the other. Nobody had issues with doing that.

I couldn't find any OSX related back up software after searching.