New Year's Resolutions?

I am serious about giving up the smokes, the last time I quit I considered it pretty easy, but this time I don't know so much.

want to know the trick to quitting smoking. Guaranteed every single time. I did it, smoked 12 yrs, when I quit I was at almost 2 packs a day.

Don't buy them and you won't have any to smoke.

There's the secret to quitting. I quit that way and I got 8 of my friends so far to also quit just by doing that.

Find myself a steady job.

Get my drivers license back after paying off $1200-$1400 in fines.

Stop dating fat girls with kids and find myself a mature, petite lady.

Eat healthier.

Done with alcohol and smoking weed, just isn't for me.

That's about it I guess for now.

The fat girls with kids stopped when my drinking stopped. Maybe that's how you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

The fat girls with kids stopped when my drinking stopped. Maybe that's how you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

I know you were serious but that hit my funny bone. I know where you are coming from. Been there and done that.

Get my security certificates, get a better paying job, improve my physical well being, improve my relationships with others....all categories that will make my life better so I can get more money and more sex. (Y)

• Like 1

Just to better myself. Same resolution i have every year.

Become more productive, looking at taking my business further and looking after my family.

Oh and drinking a shed load of booze and learning to drive (not at the same time i hasten to add :p )

mine is related to work, i want to drop all the dead-weights, the clients that slow me down, take up too much of my time and want everything for nothing, i'll probably lose some money by ending my relationship with some clients but i'm hoping it will be replaced with better productivity and over time, a bigger financial gain..

my second is start saying no to people.. i spend my life running about for people, and it really hit me how much over xmas, i'm the go to guy with anything tech within family and friends.. they can't even order goods online, so who do they come to: me.. i felt like i arranged everyones christmas this year, order presents, setting up laptops, fixed a few laptops... it kinda drops in to my first resolution, it all boils down to having no time as i'm doing too much crap for other people.. it stops today.

- Wife and I planning on another baby

- Continue my health change (gave up soda, fast food, most deserts) but did lapse for the holidays; lose 10 more pounds to get to 175

- Help my wife move her business out of the house and into a legit office space

- Play through my Steam library, be more frugal with spending

I am serious about giving up the smokes, the last time I quit I considered it pretty easy, but this time I don't know so much.

First time I quit was easy too, stopped for years, then stupidly started smoking again for 6 months and that time was really difficult to stop so I decided to never ever start again, 8 years off them with that 6 month relapse about 3 years back,

I used to like the smell of them for a while after quitting, now I can't stand them

New Years resolutions are too difficult to keep... After all, ur asking someone to make a year long commitment to changing a behavior that they are essentially addicted to. What would be better for us all is to each make a "new day's resolution".... It focuses more on the present, and how we can do little things each day that can make big changes over the course of the year. A new, simpler challenge taken on every day is easier to accomplish than a large, daunting long term goal.

For example, one might resolve to lose 30 pounds In the coming year... First of all, the fact that you give yourself a year to do so essentially allows you time to put off whatever you resolve to do, because after all, you've got a WHOLE YEAR! Why rush? Second of all, if you aren't doing as well with your resolution as the days, weeks, and months pass, you're more likely to give up. Or smoking as another example. Some may resolve to quit smoking altogether, which, given its addictive powers, is easier said than done. How about, instead of worrying about detoxing from crack (as they say tobacco is more addictive than), a smoker resolves to smoke one less cigarette today, and for the rest of the week. Then the following week, smoke one less than THAT... And so on.. Or, maybe resolve today to not smoke in front of the kids, or on your lunch break, or to not use smoking a cigarette as a means of stress reduction. Who knows? Maybe making these smaller resolutions can give us all the confidence to make a lot LARGER resolutions... The kind we so easily abandon one or two months past the new year.

So... I ask all of you, what is YOUR "New Day's Resolution."

My new day's resolution is to open up the eyes of at least one person here... Anyone willing to help me achieve that goal? :-p

Hint: all you have to do is agree with my perspective, maybe even consider changing yours. Even that would be a personal victory for me. :-)

Will try to get more leaner this year (Including abs), got little beefed up because of all fat rich food and no gym. :(

want to know the trick to quitting smoking. Guaranteed every single time. I did it, smoked 12 yrs, when I quit I was at almost 2 packs a day.

Don't buy them and you won't have any to smoke.

There's the secret to quitting. I quit that way and I got 8 of my friends so far to also quit just by doing that.

Clever solution. I wonder why everyone everywhere doesn't use this obvious method?