Show us your Workstations! - 2013 Edition

You have to work on your wire management, there... :laugh:

I admit is not neat... but it completely lefts the main hot air exhaust (yeah... not intake) free, it maintains quite cool the processor and GPU (44?C and 64?C max temps)... it was one hell of a show to fit that motherboard in such an small case...

One big happy family!

My CIC: HP Pavilion dm3, circa 2011, Microsoft Surface RT 64 GB, Nokia Lumia 920, Microsoft Zune HD 16 GB, Custom built desktop rig, circa 2007, custom built server rig, circa 2005. :)

attachicon.gifHappy Family2.jpg

That is one colourful work/play space :woot:

Ugh, i'd be so afraid that thing just roll off my desk.

All 4 wheels lock so it doesn't move at all.  You could knock the desk as hard as you want and it doesn't even budge.

I finally kicked out my room mate, so I have my entire house back (she had TWO out of three rooms, so I had to have my office stuff in my bedroom in the past post)...

Still working on it ATM...the flag I just threw up there so the walls didn't look so bare lol.

post-264678-0-42086400-1373242762.jpg

I don't have a brilliant camera...

AMD Piledriver FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz

Coolmaster V8 Cooler

Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Gigabyte 990FXA UD3 Motherboard

1x 60GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD

2x 2TB WD HDDs in RAID-0

1x AMD Radeon 7970 (MSI Branded)

Corsair TX 650Watt PSU

ASUS Xonar DX Soundcard

Coolermaster HAF XM Case

Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard

Saitek Cyborg R.A.T 3 Mouse

Razer Nostromo Gamepad

Tritton AX Pro Headset

Logitech Z506 5.1 Speakers

Windows 8 Professional x64

1x Hazro 27" IPS Monitor @ 2560x1440

2x LG 24" IPS Monitors @ 1920x1080

2hy9h4x.jpg

142zacy.jpg

152okuu.jpg

2em0586.jpg

I want that desk now.... I know what it is now, just have to make a 2-hour trip down to Ikea...

I don't have a brilliant camera...

AMD Piledriver FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz

Coolmaster V8 Cooler

Corsair Vengeance 32GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Gigabyte 990FXA UD3 Motherboard

1x 60GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD

2x 2TB WD HDDs in RAID-0

1x AMD Radeon 7970 (MSI Branded)

Corsair TX 650Watt PSU

ASUS Xonar DX Soundcard

Coolermaster HAF XM Case

Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard

Saitek Cyborg R.A.T 3 Mouse

Razer Nostromo Gamepad

Tritton AX Pro Headset

Logitech Z506 5.1 Speakers

Windows 8 Professional x64

1x Hazro 27" IPS Monitor @ 2560x1440

2x LG 24" IPS Monitors @ 1920x1080

2hy9h4x.jpg

142zacy.jpg

152okuu.jpg

2em0586.jpg

This is like the high version of my recent build, you got a 7970 and a xonar card, I got a 7950 and a Creative Z, everything else is almost the same (except for keyboard and mouse... and two less screens :D)

Changed the stock cooler (not bad but too noisy) for the Samurai ZZ rev 2 and added a Creative Z sound card (It's OEM version, hence no shield) just above the graphics card... I used to have the Creative X-Fi USB, back then was a huge change from onboard audio but with this now I know that it can get even better :D

c4e6.jpg
4iz9.jpg

Changed the stock cooler (not bad but too noisy) for the Samurai ZZ rev 2 and added a Creative Z sound card (It's OEM version, hence no shield) just above the graphics card... I used to have the Creative X-Fi USB, back then was a huge change from onboard audio but with this now I know that it can get even better :D

You need a bigger case for cable management. :P

You need a bigger case for cable management. :p

I deliberately wanted to assemble an small but powerful system, worst thing is... there *is* cable management, it's on the second optical bay.... the cables that you see are only the power and data cables of both the SSD and HDD.... lol. total size is 40 x 20 x 45 cm.

I deliberately wanted to assemble an small but powerful system, worst thing is... there *is* cable management, it's on the second optical bay.... the cables that you see are only the power and data cables of both the SSD and HDD.... lol. total size is 40 x 20 x 45 cm.

I bought a large case because I'm awful with cable management, I wish I had a really clean cable job like some of the pros on here.