Show us your Workstations! - 2013 Edition

I bought a large case because I'm awful with cable management, I wish I had a really clean cable job like some of the pros on here.

To be honest I would like that too... but constraints didn't allowed me more space :(

I was wondering where do you guys bought your desk? I've had the same one for a while, but i can barely fit 1 monitor on it. Since i'm looking to have dual monitor and some place to set up my work laptop i need to change, but i have no idea where i can get a good one.

Work station at work for the council. :) Yes we are still on XP.

Just curious, is that Outlook 2010?  If so, how did you get that color theme?  Thanks.

Added a second 7970 GPU and a 1kw PSU.. next job new processor, motherboard and cleaner cabling.

0kj7.jpg

I was wondering where do you guys bought your desk? I've had the same one for a while, but i can barely fit 1 monitor on it. Since i'm looking to have dual monitor and some place to set up my work laptop i need to change, but i have no idea where i can get a good one.

Ikea have some really good desks, here's ours for example (both supporting multi monitor setups),

This is the one my flatemate has: http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70214192/

This is mine which I bought in 2 parts:

Top: http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50251350/#/20251139

Legs: http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70217973/#/10217971

The best thing about my flatemate's desk is it has a sort of 'trough' for all the cables to go, and a smaller pull-out surface on castors.

Mine cost 3 times as less and is still very sturdy, I've sat on it without it breaking. It comfortably supports a 3 monitor setup and as for the wires, I screwed in about 10 cup hooks at the back to hold all the wires out the way. Mine only cost ?30 in total, but for the price it's a brilliant solid desk available in a few colours.

Added a second 7970 GPU and a 1kw PSU.. next job new processor, motherboard and cleaner cabling.

0kj7.jpg

Cleaner cabling? You got to be kidding!!! This already is super tidy :D 

Cleaner cabling? You got to be kidding!!! This already is super tidy :D

Maybe it's just me then. :/ I see some of the other rigs on here and to me the cabling doesn't seem as neat.

By the way maybe you'd know, are 2 crossfire bridges necessary for 2 cards? I'm reading it doesn't really make a difference, most do it for aesthetics.

Maybe it's just me then. :/ I see some of the other rigs on here and to me the cabling doesn't seem as neat.

By the way maybe you'd know, are 2 crossfire bridges necessary for 2 cards? I'm reading it doesn't really make a difference, most do it for aesthetics.

I really don't know, sorry! I've never used two cards in a Crossfire/SLI setup

Ikea have some really good desks, here's ours for example (both supporting multi monitor setups),

Thanks, looks like i'm gonna go to Ikea, next time i go see my family, since the closest one is almost 2h from my home.

Got some slightly better images: ...

I have the same chair ... very comfortable :) The only problem is that the bolts at the bottom need tightening every couple of weeks otherwise the chair rattles when you move around. 

Is it me... or your crossfire cables are... not ok? you are supposed to use only 1.... not the two, the other one is for connecting a third and a fourth card...

^ Are you one of those people who either loves apple/windows but cannot bring yourself to go fully apple/windows? haha

He is not only one....  My brother has 27" iMac and Windows laptop. Depends on what he is using for.

• Like 1

Had to move out of my apartment. :( But I found a really nice 4 bedroom house share, I got the smallest bedroom but it's cheap and very nice inside.

vzaz.jpg

1vld.jpg

dxw4.jpg

• Like 2