Jump to content

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi there

I have a

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

the official one will suffice. the fanatec one if you REALLY like driving, it'll also have better pedals. while it also has full 270 degree rotation I don't put much into this as any race configured car won't have 270 degree lock. granted Forza also uses regular road cars so it'll be more realistic there. But for real actual racing you'd never use it. other than that the only "advantage" is the ability to use a real stick shift.

the fanatec will have much better build quality though, and the official ones have had an issue where the steering wheel isn't "centered" mechanically, it has no impact on the game, it's just that when you let go of the wheel and it auto centers, the wheel will appear to have a couple of degrees of turn. They may have fixed this on never models, and it didn't happen on all of them. and of course Fanatec won't have the ingenious attach/lock system that the MS wheel have for fastening to tables and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

Thanks HawkMan, you gave me food for thought. I am just worried that I'll buy a used xbox one & it be crap after a few goes (bearings etc failing/play in wheel) & will be wasted money. I'm 99% sold on the fanatec csr with csr elite pedals & shifter as a long term investment. the other 1% is difficulty parting with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted

For a couple of hours a week I wouldn't stretch to a Fanatec setup. It'd be different if you were playing for hours every day, entering online tournaments etc. But if it's for casual playing then a casual wheel will be enough imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.