ics

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kumki

Kumki

Neowinian

Posted 31 December 2012 - 17:09

Hello,
I am very new to Android. I got 2 samsung tab 2 7.0 for my kids and Galaxy note 10.1 for myself last week. I set up these devices using my same gmail account, so that I could get the games on all devices.The problem now is my emails, calenders and contact info are showing in all my device. I want to restrict this to be available only on my note. I don't want my emails, calender and other alerts to show up on my kids devices. How do I do that without loosing the ability of downloading games from google play and Amazon app store?

I have iphones and ipad(wife) where I can download on itunes and sync it. Is anything similar available on Android?

#2 bmdixon

bmdixon

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 31 December 2012 - 20:39

You can turn off the sync of these via Settings -> Accounts. There's nothing to stop your kids enabling the sync again though. There are some 'parental control' apps available on the market which allow you to allow/disallow certain apps so depending on how restricted you want to be these might be worth investigating...
Hope that helps.

#3 Detection

Detection

Detecting stuff...

Posted 31 December 2012 - 20:52

^^ This is more or less the same as I understand too, disabling sync will do as you want, but no reason the kids couldn't enable it again, unless you root and remove the email apps manually

#4 OP Kumki

Kumki

Neowinian

Posted 31 December 2012 - 22:24

Thanks for the replies. I will check at the sync options available. I don't want to mess with rooting and all as this is my first set of Android devices.

#5 c.grz

c.grz

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 02 January 2013 - 22:43

Can I make a recommendation? Create a gmail account that is just for phone and tablet app sharing. That way you can get the apps across all your devices without sharing email, calendar or contacts.

#6 OP Kumki

Kumki

Neowinian

Posted 02 January 2013 - 23:11

Thanks for the suggestion. I figured, that I could just remove my id on email and other stuff on the tab itself. That seems to be working the way I wanted now.