F1 World Championship 2013 Thread

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the Constructor's Championship?

• Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Williams F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Caterham F1 Team
    • Marrusia F1 Team
  2. 2. Which driver will win the World Driver's Championship

• Sebastian Vettel
    • Mark Webber
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Felipe Massa
    • Jenson Button
    • Sergio Perez
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Esteban Gutierrez
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Paul Di Resta
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Valtteri Bottas
    • Jean-Eric Vergne
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Charles Pic
    • Giedo Van Der Garde
    • Jules Bianchi
    • Max Chilton

India?s Supreme Court will deliberate tomorrow whether Sunday?s grand prix at the Buddh International Circuit should go ahead.

Campaigner Amit Kumar has brought a petition before the court claiming the race should not go ahead, arguing the organisers have not paid tax owed on last year?s race.

Kumar previously succeeded in blocking the F1 race from receiving tax-exempt status from the Uttar Pradesh government.

Race organisers Jaypee Sports told the BBC: ?Whatever the court says, we are ready to follow.?

The Indian Grand Prix has already lost its place on the 2014 F1 calendar and the political disputes surrounding the race have cast doubt on whether it will return in 2015.

If Sunday?s race were cancelled and not replaced, there would be insufficient points available in the remaining three races for Sebastian Vettel to be beaten to the drivers? championship or for Red Bull to be stopped from winning the constructors? championship.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/10/24/indian-court-to-rule-on-whether-race-should-be-cancelled/

I would be very surprised if the race was cancelled. They'd stand to lose more money by cancelling it.

I would like to see SkySports F1 coverage trying to fill up the hours :laugh:

I remember a couple of years back when qualifying for the Korean GP was cancelled (rain) till the next day.

The BBC didn't know what to do, obviously they had to stay on the air just in case it did happen.

Also wasn't it Lee McKenzie's first/last time presenting the show :laugh:

Who knows, apparently the Red Bulls have severe graining issues with the option tyres. This could mix up things...

post-1302-0-21406200-1382872079.png

Man of the race: Romain Grosjean

Reject of the race: Whoever worked out Kimi R?ikk?nen's tyre strategy.

Vettel takes #4, what a surprise. What a boring season it's been this year. Looking forward to 2014 and hopefully some more competition. There's no doubting Vettel is a good driver but I honestly believe his car is 8/10th of what gives him his titles. Newey is the man that deserves most of the recognition

• Like 2

Vettel takes #4, what a surprise. What a boring season it's been this year. Looking forward to 2014 and hopefully some more competition. There's no doubting Vettel is a good driver but I honestly believe his car is 8/10th of what gives him his titles. Newey is the man that deserves most of the recognition

Agree with you there! I'm not into conspiracy theories .. just annoys me that Webber's car seems to get the technical problems while Vettel just gets to keep pushing...

Also...

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

hahaha awesome just awesome. :rofl:

rewatching the race again, this is nearly as much joy as was brazil 2012. :D

F1 put in way too much stuff like DRS and KERS to the point that it's more about the car than it is the driver. The result has been a very boring past couple of seasons.

Sebastian Vettel snoozefest continues.

I will say that he has had a good season, last year he was shite if you take out the block of 4 wins. and the Texas recovery drive.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110939

It saddens me that his name is being thrown amongst the greats like Prost, Fangio, Senna, etc. I honestly don't think he's half the driver of any of them :(

As for KERS and DRS, can't say they really bother me; they add to the strategy of the race and to the tools available to the driver. Where I draw the line is with the tires which have essentially stopped racing and have turned the sport into a "who can manage their car and communicate with their team to get an opening" the best. Seems all too backward to me.

Lucky guy. He would be able to sell this for a pretty good price.

But I would still keep it.

Although this is India, he better be careful to not get mugged and stolen from. He just showed his face to the world.

I was in India for 2 and a half months for work, so I know quite a bit about it

As much as this forum seems to hate on Vettel, he's been driving flawlessly throughout the season. Watching back some of his laps and you can really see the skill he has, hey I'm not a fan but no other driver can pull a near 3 second lead on lap 1. That is partially helped by Newey of course.

He deserved it, especially when other teams have been floundering around the rest of the season, both Ferrari and Mercedes have dropped away over the course of the season, I thought once we got to Hungary and Lewis' win there, we might have a great 3 way battle, but it seemed obvious that both had switched resources over to next year by Belgium...a shame really.

Well, now that the WDC and WCC are wrapped up, let's watch and enjoy the battle for 2nd place in both, as it's fairly tight at present. We have that and the driver rumours floating around. And this is the first of them.

• Like 2

^ Yep, Adrian Newey definitely deserves a good share of the credit for Red Bull's success (and, in my opinion, a knighthood). Vettel's car is so ahead of the other teams that about half of the season's drivers could win the championship if they were in that car instead.