Photo

F1 World Championship 2013 Thread

official formula 1 2013 championship season 2013

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
974 replies to this topic

Poll: F1 World Championship 2013 Thread (76 member(s) have cast votes)

Which team will win the Constructor's Championship?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Which driver will win the World Driver's Championship

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#286 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,645 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:13

I enjoyed this weekends racing. Been a while since the middle of the race has been entertaining.

RBR: Looking good. I have a feeling it wouldn't have been so easy if Alonso didn't have the DRS problem. That must be scary having it open constantly.

Force India: Looking quick out there. I think the 3 stop should have been the way to go but i don't think Di Resta would have been fourth though. I don't think if their car is improved over last year or it is just the mid field just isn't as quick as they were last year.

Mercedes: Another good result but their race pace is well off. Their car looks exactly like last year but more reliable. I expect them to drop off the title chase by mid season.

Ferrari: Both unlucky. I'm not the biggest supporter of Ferrari after the team orders incident a few seasons back. They do look like the closest team that could beat RBR.

McLaren: Their car seems to improve every race. Enjoyed the battle with Perez and Button. I think he was unlucky to clip Button in the corner, he just didn't anticipate Button to be so slow. I still don't know if they'll have to car up to pace to challenge for the championship but i believe they'll have some race wins by the end of the season.

#287 +Chicane-UK

Chicane-UK

Neowinian Senior

• 9,560 posts
  • Phone: HTC Mozart

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:41

Was certainly a good race yesterday with plenty of action - but I have to say I've never been more desperate for someone, SOMEONE to de-throne Vettel. I just find him generally unlikeable and he really showed his true colours at the last race making me dislike him either more. I think if he starts to lose races, or another car becomes faster with some upgrades, we might see his true colours in the same sort of way that Schumacher liked to get uncompetetive with dangerous moves.

I thought the racing with McLaren was pretty exciting but I think Perez was foolish in some places especially when he clipped Button's car - could easily have been game over for both of them with a puncture for JB and substantial front-end damage for Perez.. good to see Perez being competitive though and keeping up with the #1 driver as he's certainly had his doubters since moving to McLaren.

Thought Alonso did pretty well considering the number of times he had to pit and running without DRS too.

#288 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 15,423 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:59

I thought the racing with McLaren was pretty exciting but I think Perez was foolish in some places especially when he clipped Button's car - could easily have been game over for both of them with a puncture for JB and substantial front-end damage for Perez.. good to see Perez being competitive though and keeping up with the #1 driver as he's certainly had his doubters since moving to McLaren.

I'm actually surprised Button's tyre survived, as there was obvious contact. Perhaps most interesting was Button's response, which was quite restrained - a lot of other drivers would have been furious. It's a shame that Perez only stepped up his game when there were sponsors about, as seemed to noticeably step up his game.

As for Massa's tyre problems, I wouldn't be surprised if they were related to his front wing damage. If it altered the cars aerodynamics and handling then it could easily have put extra strain on his tyres. And I feel sorry for Alonso, though I have to say he did an incredible job given the lack of DRS.

#289 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,637 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 20:57

If you want close racing contact will sometimes happen, it's inevitable. People simply cannot complain that there isn't enough close racing then call drivers reckless when they try and pass. Compared to some of the stunts Schumi and Montoya used to pull I thought the Perez incidents were pretty benign.

#290 macstar

macstar

Neowinian Senior

• 2,296 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:52

imho mclaren should have let perez through WAY earlier. i mean it was so blatantly obvious for everyone that perez was the faster one this race. instead they let their drivers fight, destroying buttons tires and holding back perez too long. it's not that any of the mclaren driver fights for the wdc right now (and most likely won't this year anyway) so there is no need for teamorder anyway, better maximize team-points, now they are behind force india and they only have themselves to blame.

#291 +i11usive

i11usive

Neowinian

• 622 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:15

I don't think Perez should've got the McLaren seat. Personally, I think it should have gone to Hulkenberg.

#292 Javik

Javik

• 5,637 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:18

imho mclaren should have let perez through WAY earlier. i mean it was so blatantly obvious for everyone that perez was the faster one this race. instead they let their drivers fight, destroying buttons tires and holding back perez too long. it's not that any of the mclaren driver fights for the wdc right now (and most likely won't this year anyway) so there is no need for teamorder anyway, better maximize team-points, now they are behind force india and they only have themselves to blame.

For once I am in agreement. I'm no lover of team orders but it's cost McLaren big in recent history. IMO if one driver is clearly faster than the other they shouldn't be held up as it's the team's duty to maximise it's own score.

#293 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Cesaro Section

• 14,916 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:20

I don't think Perez should've got the McLaren seat. Personally, I think it should have gone to Hulkenberg.

I personally would have gone with Kobayashi. It's a shame he didn't manage to secure a seat for this season. :/

#294 macstar

macstar

Neowinian Senior

• 2,296 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:19

still wondering about the silence here... any reason for it? result not fitting your likings? :p

#295 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:27

What result, Quali isn't on till later?

#296 macstar

macstar

Neowinian Senior

• 2,296 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:32

What result, Quali isn't on till later?

there had been a meeting wednesday about testing restrictions, new points-penalty system and so on ... also there has been longruns done in fp2 yesterday, giving at least a small indication....

but yeah, you are right. quali isn't on till later. :)

#297 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:40

I don't watch FPs unless I'm bored, especially when teams are running different tests/fuel loads it's not a good indication of race pace.

#298 +Frank B.

Frank B.

Member N° 1,302

• 22,422 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:05

f1fp3esp.PNG

#299 Javik

Javik

• 5,637 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:07

Headline times in practice are largely meaningless these days. It's quali where it will really count but it does look as if Ferrari are well poised to deliver here.

#300 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:09

So much for the big updates that McLaren were bringing to this race, Jenson was whining about tyres AGAIN.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!