F1 World Championship 2013 Thread

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the Constructor's Championship?

• Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Williams F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Caterham F1 Team
    • Marrusia F1 Team
  2. 2. Which driver will win the World Driver's Championship

• Sebastian Vettel
    • Mark Webber
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Felipe Massa
    • Jenson Button
    • Sergio Perez
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Esteban Gutierrez
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Paul Di Resta
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Valtteri Bottas
    • Jean-Eric Vergne
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Charles Pic
    • Giedo Van Der Garde
    • Jules Bianchi
    • Max Chilton

Which is why Alonso has outqualified him at every turn this season, and scored nearly twice as many points?

The drivers are not to blame, designers build the car.

uhm frist 2 qualifyings went to massa afaik. if you are looking for the driver having outqualified his teammate every session this year, then there is only sebastian vettel  :D

the car is just fine. was easily the fastest at the beginning of the year, many people think that alonso is to blame for malaysia because he was keen to stay out despite the frontwing gone off. 

hell even alonso said that this year vettel extracts the maximum of every race, something he totally has failed to do so. 

i wont discuss this any further. no need to. i made my points clear. 

The Grand Prix Drivers? Association has threatened to boycott the German Grand Prix if the tyre failures seen at Silverstone recur at this weekend?s race.

The drivers say they will withdraw from the event if the tyre failures happen again during practice and qualifying.

A GPDA statement said: ?The Grand Prix Drivers? Association wish to express their deepest concerns about the events that took place at Silverstone.

?We trust that the changes made to the tyres will have the desired results and that similar problems will not occur during the German GP weekend.

?We are ready to drive our cars to the limit, as we always do, and as it is expected by our teams, sponsors and fans.

?However, the drivers have decided that, if similar problems should manifest themselves during the German GP, we shall immediately withdraw from the event, as this avoidable problem with the tyres endangers again the lives of drivers, marshals and fans.?

Meh, the tyres won't fail again. Pirelli have gone a few years without spectacular tyre failures, and now they know where the limit is they won't go that far again.

It will be all they talk about in the build up coverage this weekend, but come Monday we won't hear a peep.

uhm frist 2 qualifyings went to massa afaik. if you are looking for the driver having outqualified his teammate every session this year, then there is only sebastian vettel  :D

the car is just fine. was easily the fastest at the beginning of the year, many people think that alonso is to blame for malaysia because he was keen to stay out despite the frontwing gone off. 

hell even alonso said that this year vettel extracts the maximum of every race, something he totally has failed to do so. 

i wont discuss this any further. no need to. i made my points clear. 

No, you won't discuss it further because you're wrong. If the driver were to blame, Massa would still be getting strong results but his performances have tailed off as well. The qualifying effort of both cars in the last GP was utterly diabolical. I appreciate I made a mistake about qualifying, got Vettel and Alonso mixed up but the fact remains that your blaming a driver for a drop of in performance of a whole team shows how little you know about the sport.

The Grand Prix Drivers? Association has threatened to boycott the German Grand Prix if the tyre failures seen at Silverstone recur at this weekend?s race.

The drivers say they will withdraw from the event if the tyre failures happen again during practice and qualifying.

A GPDA statement said: ?The Grand Prix Drivers? Association wish to express their deepest concerns about the events that took place at Silverstone.

?We trust that the changes made to the tyres will have the desired results and that similar problems will not occur during the German GP weekend.

?We are ready to drive our cars to the limit, as we always do, and as it is expected by our teams, sponsors and fans.

?However, the drivers have decided that, if similar problems should manifest themselves during the German GP, we shall immediately withdraw from the event, as this avoidable problem with the tyres endangers again the lives of drivers, marshals and fans.?

I think its more of a power play from the GPDA than anything else. The tyres won't explode again and they've also been modified anyway. If they did boycott the race, I suspect there would be a backlash from the fans.

looks like despite the new tires not much has changed. actually lotus looks a bit stronger to my big surprise. 

Figured the new tyres won't make as much of an impact as some people were claiming, but I wouldn't be surprised if the changes hurt Lotus and Ferrari in qualifying

Figured the new tyres won't make as much of an impact as some people were claiming, but I wouldn't be surprised if the changes hurt Lotus and Ferrari in qualifying

I think it's going to affect the race, not qualifying

*sigh* That stupid "Q3 drivers start on the tyres they qualify on" rule ruined another qualifying session. Only six in the top ten actually tried to get pole position; Ferrari cruised around, and Jenson & Nico couldn't even be arsed to set a lap. That's something they should have got rid of for next year.

Some pretty impressive qualifying times there though Merc will be kicking themselves for the mistake made with Rosberg as a front row lockout definitely looked on.

I was however perplexed by the strategy Ferrari took, they looked like they had the pace to be somewhere in the mix and ended up on the medium tyre.

That was a decent lap from Hamilton. If he can keep that pace for the race, i think he'll have the victory he deserved last weekend.

I don't know what they were thinking with Rosberg though. They should have chucked him out on used softs and i think he'll have had enough pace.

ferrari seems to have totally abandoned their championship campaign and speculating on mercedes dropping back in the race. they might luck into a podium tomorrow if it's as chaotic as in silverstone, but that's it. vettel probably counts down every race and can already see india/japan and other pacific/asian tracks where he is in a class of his own. 

I believe Red Bull have a slight edge but I don't see Merc losing race pace, as they were good at Silverstone. Ferrari need to come up with something big, and quickly.

Merc ever since their "secret" test had good race pace!  :shifty: I suspect they will hang on. Hang on, as in they will be competitive and not falling backwards like ever since they came back into F1. 

Lotus and Ferrari are soft on their tyres, hence why they were successful early on when the tyres are falling to pieces in 6 or so laps. I'm a little surprise at how well Lotus had done, so I guess they could tune the characteristics slightly, we will see I guess. 

They really need to something about the Q3 tyres. I suggest either give Top 10 a choice, or replaced the set they set their fastest time on with a brand new set of that type of tyre. You really can't blame Ferrari or whoever for not competing when they know they aren't going to gain many places but probably compromise strategy. 

I wonder if Lewis Hamilton will be a Red Bull driver next year?

One can only wonder.

Hamilton is the best driver, followed by Alonso.

Hamilton is the best driver, followed by Alonso.

this might represent your subjective opinion, but for sure that's not a fact. i go with raikkonen here who recently said that it's very difficult to say who is the best driver. 

when it comes down to big talk, alonso is for sure in the lead, followed by hamilton.  :laugh:

Putting in such stunning qualifying times in a car that by his own admission he wasn't completely happy with is a pretty big advertisement for Lewis Hamilton's ability in my opinion. Although the tyre test probably did help somewhat, I think it's being a bit harsh on Mercedes to pin it all on that test (after all it was done on tyres nothing like those currently in use), they have been assembling a team of very capable and respected people for the past 3 1/2 seasons and their work is finally starting to come off. Frankly it's about damn time somebody had an answer to Red Bull.

Shame we don't get to see what Michael Schumacher would have been capable of with the Mercedes GP W04.