14 posts in this topic

Posted

The Mayan doomsday deadline may have passed, but followers of jailed Colorado cult leader Warren Jeffs still believe the end of days is upon us.

CNN reports that Jeffs' minions in Colorado and Utah are making preparations for the end of the world based on his jailhouse declaration that the apocalypse will occur before the New Year.

The edict has some authorities fearing an outbreak of violence or suicide among Jeffs' followers, CNN reported.

"Jim Jones. Koresh. History has showed us that these things happen when religious zealots take charge of a group of people," Sam Brower, a private investigator who has worked on cases for dozens of ex-Jeffs followers, told the network.

CNN cited the closing of Colorado City's only grocery store -- which was owned by the FLDS and served as a meeting place for members -- as evidence that Jeffs' followers believe the world is coming to an end.

[url="http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/flds-prepping-apocalypse-article-1.1230155"]more[/url]

Posted

another prediction, another yawn
2 people like this

Posted

[quote name='mudslag' timestamp='1357007665' post='595425906']
another prediction, another yawn
[/quote]

Agreed!

Posted

A lot of people in Hildale, Utah no longer believe Jeffs's BS. That's why there's so many former members.

Posted

[quote name='illegaloperation' timestamp='1357010982' post='595425956']
A lot of people in Hildale, Utah no longer believe Jeffs's BS. That's why there's so many former members.
[/quote]

unfortunately there are still many many members around, last I heard they have spread out over a number of states.

Posted

Wow! Alright!! I got my finger on the button and I'm about to push it!

Posted

When are these so called "prophets" going to learn to stop predicting the end of the world? Find simple **** to predict that might actually happen, like "it's going to rain next Tuesday". Maybe all the prophets that used to predict that sort of thing now work as local news weather-forecasters (weathercasters? that sounds badass.)

And why do people still listen to the rapist pedophile that is warren jeffs? And why haven't we fried him yet? So many questions.

Posted

^ But the LDS church is the only factory-authorized, true church. :laugh:

Posted

Ok, it is now January 1st 2013 in Utah too. Are the followers ok? No mass-suicide? No crazy things happened?
1 person likes this

Posted

The interpretation of the numerous ends of the world is wrong. Each time there's an end of the world, a whole fantasy world collapses for a number of unlucky people who found it ok to believe in the wretched thing. Doesn't it count? I think it must.

Posted

[quote name='Vykranth' timestamp='1357057857' post='595426606']
Ok, it is now January 1st 2013 in Utah too. Are the followers ok? No mass-suicide? No crazy things happened?
[/quote]

This^ We need a follow-up on this.

Posted

Did they drink their Kool-Aid yet?

Posted

[quote name='siah1214' timestamp='1357019510' post='595426060']
When are these so called "prophets" going to learn to stop predicting the end of the world? Find simple **** to predict that might actually happen, like "it's going to rain next Tuesday". Maybe all the prophets that used to predict that sort of thing now work as local news weather-forecasters (weathercasters? that sounds badass.)
[/quote]

Heh, even the weather forecast channels can't get it right. Yet I'm amazed how farmers and Formula 1 can predict the weather so well for their needs.

Posted

Oh my god.. they're going to feel really silly when their "doomsday" comes around and nothing happens, but then they'll make up some dumb ass excuse as to why it didn't happen.