cowboy church of virginia mental health equine assisted psychotherapy

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#16 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 17:05

Ok. But if it's not a choice and it's not a mental disorder, a disease, or a gene. Then what is it? I would really like to know the answer to this. I mean first we were told by the gay community it was one thing, then we were told something else, then we were told it's a choice. Now I just don't get it. So what exactly is it?

The 'gay community' didn't tell you what it was, they are just refuting idiots like this who say it is a choice.

#17 fehu

fehu

Neowinian

• 252 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 17:06

I can't free my mind from the image of the villagepeople stroking horses while singing

#18 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 17:09

It's exactly the same as what being straight is - it's just the way your personal preferences work. The same as I love chocolate and hate tomatoes. Some people have preferences one way, some people have them another. Simple as that.

So, then it is a choice? I choose to love savory foods, but I hate sweets. I choose water over soda and when I do drink soda, I choose Dr. Pepper. It's all a choice that I make. Or am I still not getting it?

The 'gay community' didn't tell you what it was, they are just refuting idiots like this who say it is a choice.

Then you don't remember the countless news interviews back in the day, where gays came out said that it's a choice. That it isn't a sickness. This whole thing confuses the Hell out of me.

#19 hdca18

hdca18

holla

• 171 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 02 January 2013 - 17:13

So, then it is a choice? I choose to love savory foods, but I hate sweets. I choose water over soda and when I do drink soda, I choose Dr. Pepper. It's all a choice that I make. Or am I still not getting it?

Then you don't remember the countless news interviews back in the day, where gays came out said that it's a choice. That it isn't a sickness. This whole thing confuses the Hell out of me.

Ask yourself the same question about heterosexuality, how would you define it? I would define it as a way of being, something inherent (i.e., just is, just exists by the pure nature that sexuality is a part of the human life).

People who say it is a choice are most likely referring to the stupid idea that it can or cannot be acted upon. Which is total bull****, because humans have a physical need for sexual contact as well as emotional contact with other humans. So sure, if they can magically eliminate that primal need for sex, then you might be able to swing it and say avoiding sex with a same sex partner "is a choice" Maybe. Otherwise it really isn't.

Ask yourself if you choose who you find attractive, or does it come sort of automatically?

#20 OP Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 62,532 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 17:19

Horses didn't work in 'Brokeback Mountain'.

#21 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 26,179 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 17:22

I'm not gay, but I think all the straight males should ask themselves "when you look at a hot woman, with really nice cleavage why do you get aroused?". Other than the simple answer of "She's hot and she has nice cleavage" ...but why? Why does an attractive woman with nice cleavage turn you on other than it just does?

Simple answer, we just do. No explanation, it's how we are wired.

People who are gay are wired differently. Not a bad thing, but they can't explain why they are attracted to men just like how straight males can't explain why they are attracted to women.

#22 *RedBull*

*RedBull*

skippy de do da

• 4,640 posts
  • Phone: Android

Posted 02 January 2013 - 17:27

I'm not gay, but I think all the straight people should ask themselves "when you look at a hot woman, with really nice cleavage why you you get aroused?". Other than the simple answer of "She's hot and she has nice cleavage" ...but why? Why does an attractive woman with nice cleavage turn you on other than it just does.

Your over simplified explanation is over simplified. ;)

#23 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 17:28

I'm not gay, but I think all the straight people should ask themselves "when you look at a hot woman, with really nice cleavage why you you get aroused?". Other than the simple answer of "She's hot and she has nice cleavage" ...but why? Why does an attractive woman with nice cleavage turn you on other than it just does.

People who are gay are wired differently. Not a bad thing, but they can't explain why they are attracted to men just straight males can't explain why they are attracted to women.

Good enough explanation then.

#24 TheLegendOfMart

TheLegendOfMart

Neowinian Senior

• 9,281 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 17:29

Of course "back in the day" when attitudes were different gays were going to say it is a choice just to distance themselves from the ridiculous notion that being gay was some kind of sickness/disease/mental illness.

It might not be genetic but Its no more a choice than you chose to be heterosexual.

#25 arachnoid

arachnoid

Times a Ticking

• 3,395 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 17:31

, because humans have a physical need for sexual contact as well as emotional contact with other humans.

Asexual isolationists dont

#26 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,462 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 17:38

i love how straight people try to say that homosexuality is a choice. ask any homosexual.

I think it's slightly unfair lumping all straight people in to the same category like that. I've never said anything like that.

Ok. But if it's not a choice and it's not a mental disorder, a disease, or a gene. Then what is it?

I've got a question for your question: Why does it matter?

#27 hckngrtfakt

hckngrtfakt

GFX n00b

• 143 posts
  • Phone: iPhone

Posted 02 January 2013 - 17:39

I guess the real question here is, how did the pastor figure that one out ?
and how many other things has the pastor tried on the horse, to nail this as the right one ?

:| :s

#28 Deleted Bye

Deleted Bye

Neowinian Senior

• 3,781 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 17:39

wonder if it can cure when your hair goes gray? or if it can cure your eye color? or skin color?

#29 WelshBluebird

WelshBluebird

Neowinian Senior

• 3,916 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 17:43

Ok. But if it's not a choice and it's not a mental disorder, a disease, or a gene. Then what is it? I would really like to know the answer to this. I mean first we were told by the gay community it was one thing, then we were told something else, then we were told it's a choice. Now I just don't get it. So what exactly is it?

Its just who that person is.
Just as some of us are heterosexual, others are homosexual. It is just who you are.

But you don't CHOOSE to like those food and to hate sweets. You just do.
Just as you don't choose to like women, you just do.

#30 Nothing Here

Nothing Here

Neowinian Senior

• 2,164 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 17:45

I think it's slightly unfair lumping all straight people in to the same category like that. I've never said anything like that.

I've got a question for your question: Why does it matter?

If you read a certain post of mine, you would know why it matters to me. I'm just trying to understand.