41 posts in this topic

Posted

Just got my Windows 7 laptop, got the upgrade to Windows 8 Pro and ready to install. Went to the Microsoft webpage ([url="http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/feature-packs"]http://windows.micro...8/feature-packs[/url]) to get the free Media Center key, it keeps telling me "We couldn't process your order." I have tried even a fresh gmail address and get the same error.

Anyone else have this problem or know if Microsoft has stopped dishing out the keys? Site says until Jan. 31, 2013. If anyone might have a unused Media Center key, I'd appreciate it.

Posted

there was a topic somewhere on here a week or two ago saying about MS stopping free MC keys... didn't read it, but there might be info on here about this

Posted

[s]I believe the offer was until the end of last year.[/s] I know they also had problems of the keys giving pirated versions on Windows 8 a full legit license.

Posted

No, it goes until the 31st. I'd keep at it, if I were you. The system is notoriously slow.

Posted

I just tried that page and got:

[quote]

Thank you
Your product key will be emailed to you [b][u]within 72 hours[/u][/b]. If the email doesn

Posted

I entered my email address last Thursday and still didn't get my product key. It's WAY over 72 hours. Not sure what's going on here.

Posted

It takes ages to get keys now, it took over a week for my last one

Posted

I just created another gmail account, put in the email address and captcha, hit "Send my product key" and get same thing (We couldn't process your order.). Guess I'll try at home.

Posted

I get the "We couldn't process your order." message too. I've seen people talk about using this to register their pirate copy so it seems likely that they have stopped giving out keys.

Posted

[quote name='GarakObama' timestamp='1357165173' post='595429064']
I get the "We couldn't process your order." message too. I've seen people talk about using this to register their pirate copy so it seems likely that they have stopped giving out keys.
[/quote]

I've just tried with a new email and I`m getting the same now (Im in UK)

----
We couldn't process your order.
[url="http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/terms-conditions-feature-packs"]Terms & Conditions[/url]

Posted

Hopefully just a bug, but Microsoft should just keep this offer permanently open tbh.

Posted

I was told by a colleague to contact Microsoft customer service after creating a request right before Christmas that hadn't been processed - after a little information exchange, I was given a key over the phone.

[url="http://support.microsoft.com/gp/customer-service-phone-numbers/en-us?FR=1"]http://support.micro...bers/en-us?FR=1[/url]

There must be something up with the site at the moment, because it worked some time back in December for a copy I had purchased for someone, but it has since been failing attempts since my last try a little over a week ago.

Full disclosure, I am an MS employee, but even I had to call the phone # :).

Posted

I'm glad I got my MC key way back in November, way before I had even bought Win8 yet..lol
1 person likes this

Posted

I Got this:
Thank you
Your product key will be emailed to you [b][u]within 72 hours[/u][/b]. If the email doesn

Posted

I find it very amusing how people cannot get it. It

Posted

Hoping the wait isnt too long;

Thank you
Your product key will be emailed to you within 72 hours. If the email doesn

Posted

Still unable to get anything other than the can't process your order message. *shakes fist at Microsoft* No one with a spare key feeling generous? Trying to get the extra value out of paying for the upgrade LOL. :D
1 person likes this

Posted

I kept trying and a day or two ago it accepted my entry and show the email within 72 hours message. I have not yet received any email.

Posted

I haven't gotten mine either, but no matter to me. It is Free after all so if it never comes, whatever. :) Not like I paid them for it. If that was the case, then yeah, would be upset.

Posted

Got my key today but it doesn't work. So, not sure if it is my PC or not (OEM install from Toshiba).

So, hopefully people will get thiers soon since mine just came in 11 minutes ago. :)

Posted

[quote name='Medfordite' timestamp='1357602299' post='595439242']
Got my key today but it doesn't work. So, not sure if it is my PC or not (OEM install from Toshiba).

So, hopefully people will get thiers soon since mine just came in 11 minutes ago. :)
[/quote]
Is your Win8 the Pro version? I believe the key only works on the Pro version not the "core" version.

Posted

Just received my Media Center key...

Posted

Me too. It didn't work though. I think they are gonna make people fight for this one if they really want it heh...

Posted

I FINALLY got my product key. Geez, it took two weeks!!! Not sure why they say 72 hours.

Posted

[quote name='ir0nw0lf' timestamp='1357603060' post='595439260']
Is your Win8 the Pro version? I believe the key only works on the Pro version not the "core" version.
[/quote]

After I tried the key it was [b][i]THEN[/i][/b]that I read the email. You are right - it doesn't work unless I have Pro. So, I have a useless key unless of course I can find a taker. But not sure if I could do that here or not via PM. :)