Ubuntu For Phones

It shows the parts they are willing to show. and with the clear performance issues their polished PR video is showing, the parts they are not willing to show should be worrying.

Apple was beginning to be "all anyone wanted" as you would say, but in reality, Symbian had the largest market share by far, RIM was solidly in second, Apple was emerging, and Microsoft was starting to fade a little but still prominent. So when Android was coming onto the scene, there were 4 other major competitors. The market was still fairly open, smartphones were basically still only beginning to get popular with the general public, and Apple and Google promised big changes to the market.

BlackBerry and Symbian don't count. They had marketshare, but they might as well have been dumbphones for how the public viewed them. Or you could look at them as Smartphone 1.0 Operating Systems, with iOS being Smartphone 2.0.

Eye of the beholder and stuff.

And I really hope none of the people praising this thing EVER complained about the long annoying animations on any other phone OS...

Looks beautiful.

It doesn't look bad, but then it also doesn't look like my kind of thing :/ it seems to aim for simplicity in some places but then the UI gets busy really fast when you go navigating the menus. It's the same I feel about Unity: lots of really good ideas, but I'm not buying the way they are packaged.

Dunno, let's see how it goes when it's released.

I'd certainly like having a full Linux stack on the phone, but I'm not sure about that Ubuntu for Phones being the kind of implementation I'd want.

Complete convergence on all platforms? - sorry buddy - Windows is already there.

AND more importantly it has far more software than ubuntu.

Until Windows 8 I would have said easier to use too.

But then again - you can't shutdown/restart ubuntu anymore since 12.04 either.

Oh Well.

Why can't I? I've never had any problems with doing either on Ubuntu 12.04.

Why can't I? I've never had any problems with doing either on Ubuntu 12.04.

Nor do I with 12.10 Stock or Kubuntu

I miss Ubuntu on my PC but I recently upgraded my hardware and it doesn't play nice with it. Oh well, Ubuntu Phone/Ubuntu for Android cannot come soon enough!