longhorn cons

today i installed longhorn on another HD, and started it it up, i ran it for about 5 or 6 hours exploring all the new features. and i was saddly dissapointed. i found that the side bar takes up too much room. and when you open up a program, eg. MSN messenger 6, and close the window, you cant access it like you can on the task bar of windows xp/98 ect. i also found it very slow. so i uninstalled and formated that partion on my hard drive. the next time i go to intsall windows longhorn i'll wait till its at least a full beta, or the full OS.

I do have to say I love this build!! It's faster than XP for me, honestly. Didnt even need to make any tweaks. Explorer is only using 69 megs of RAM and my internet is faster, comp is faster. Its all around better with it. For an Alpha build I am very pleased.

I do have to say I love this build!! It's faster than XP for me, honestly. Didnt even need to make any tweaks. Explorer is only using 69 megs of RAM and my internet is faster, comp is faster. Its all around better with it. For an Alpha build I am very pleased.

:laugh: You are out of your mind.

no, compared to the 150 or 200 people have bitching about all over the board!! All I'm sayin is I like it better than XP!! Bottom ****in line!!!

i found that the side bar takes up too much room
6 hours 'exploring' and you never discovered that you can resize or completely hide the sidebar.
you cant access it like you can on the task bar of windows xp/98 ect

Did you try right clicking on the sidebar and checking 'classic tray'?

i also found it very slow

Anyone that complains about the speed of a pre-alpha OS needs to have his head checked.

What exactly did you do for '5-6 hours'??

this is why I hate software leaks (besides from the fact it hurts the software industry in most cases), people form opinnions based on software that is still in the hey i have an idea phase...

Pleople get real. We aren't even talking about Beta yet. So just play with the alpha versions if you like, none of them are going to be something you want to run as a main OS. :rolleyes:

Who exactly are you talking to?

It's pretty apparent that we all (except for the kid that started this thread...and maybe Kid Notorious ;) ) understand that this isn't something we'd want to run as a main OS?

So why say it?

Who exactly are you talking to?

It's pretty apparent that we all (except for the kid that started this thread...and maybe Kid Notorious ;) ) understand that this isn't something we'd want to run as a main OS?

So why say it?

Cuz some people are clueless enough to suggest it as such a thing. Do you understand that? :whistle:

Wow, you're disappointed with an Alpha. Well, your choices are; never install one again, or learn what one is.

:crazy: wow dude, that was un*u*king called for. i was hoping we could have a civilized conversation, but i see mannors and social skills are somthing they forgot to teach you. oh your "Canadien", that expaines it all. if you dont have a resonable argument dont bother speaking :angry:

It's pretty apparent that we all (except for the kid that started this thread...and maybe Kid Notorious ) understand that this isn't something we'd want to run as a main OS?

ok i try to start a simple disscution and im getting cut down, i didnt plan on running longhorn as my primary OS, i simply wanted to see what people where raving about, and then i install it and i was blown away buy the fact that its the same as XP so far, sure there are minor details that are changed. but for the most part i dont like them. and i dont see why most people find this such a revolutionary operating system.

i was blown away buy the fact that its the same as XP so far, sure there are minor details that are changed. but for the most part i dont like them. and i dont see why most people find this such a revolutionary operating system.

LOL Dude.... You can expect Longhorn to be under another two - three years worth of development time yet. What you are seeing now will likely bare no resemblance to the final release product. Of coure it is basically the same as XP at the moment. It IS XP. Longhorn is built upon it much the same way Windows 2003 was. It is pointless complaining about a product that is still in its early development stages. Yes, it is going to have problems. It is going to be slow and buggy and may crash your system. This is what you must realize when you play with alpha and beta software. It is incomplete!

Wait until it has at least reached Release Candidate stages before you formulate an opinion. By then, most features should be locked in and you will have a much clearer idea of what the final release should look like.