KickStarter : Game Stick

Go check it out. OUYA is not the only one to want to put games on your TV for cheap. Lower spec than the OUYA... I wonder what kind of games it's going to be able to play... Solitaire?

http://www.kickstart...es-console-ever

Technical Specifications

• Processor - Amlogic 8726-MX
  • Memory - 1GB DDR3 / 8GB FLASH
  • Content Download Manager w/ cloud storage for games.
  • WiFi - 802.11 b/g/n
  • Bluetooth - LE 4.0
  • O/S - Android Jelly Bean
  • Controller - Bluetooth, 3 mode controller: gamepad, mouse and keyboard with support for up to 4 controllers.
  • Full 1080p HD video decoding

IDK. Does anyone else think this is a little over ambitious? That level of gaming just from a USB stick in your TV? That is what this is, yes? Plug a USB stick into your TV and access/play games.

I'm all for anything that provides more games, I just dunno how this is going to work.

You can play games on your smartphone, but it has a screen and a battery taking up size. Reduce a smartphone just to the processing components and storage and it probably is the size of a USB stick.

• Pledge $5,000 or more
    1 backer Limited (4 of 5 left)
    DINNER WITH JASPER SMITH - creator of GameStick at a restaurant of your choice in Europe, Asia or the USA + a Gold Stick bundle.
    Estimated delivery: Apr 2013

Lmao. Aka, he's going to spend that $5000 you pledge to buy a ticket, to fly to you, spend the night (or more) in a hotel where you are...just so he can have dinner with you. Sign me up! :rolleyes:

You can play games on your smartphone, but it has a screen and a battery taking up size. Reduce a smartphone just to the processing components and storage and it probably is the size of a USB stick.

Fine, but that is still pretty limited. Some of those games, especially the FPSs, look like they were well beyond any kind of mobile (phone, not dedicated handheld)) device/USB stick.

(Note: not an expert, just curious how good this would be on a TV @ 1920x1080 or even 1280x720 and a reasonable framerate)