windows 8 user name/device change

So how do you change the following .. . I want to change the name shown because when I log into irc it shows the "Jeffrey" name and I do not like that .. . this is NOT the computer name nor the user name what name is this in windows 8

see screenshot

post-250082-0-97966900-1357241779.png

Create a new account calling it what you like, then return to the User Profiles dialog and copy the old one to the new one uising the Copy To button. Both accounts must be logged off following a reboot in order for this to succeed (third account needed). Alternatively, use USMT which you can download from the Microsoft downloads site - latest version is 5.

You can also use the utility Windows Easy Transfer bundled in Windows.

yeah thats what I did not want to do . . I thought maybe I could do a simple regedit of some sort to change the name. I know this would work in Windows 7 but how do you use the above way with Windows 8 when creating a new user asks you for a Microsoft account? Sorry to ask . .

That is your IDENT name not Windows Username AFAIK, Unless XChat pulls your IDENT name from windows automatically? Check XChat's settings for IDENT settings and you should be able to change it.

ok cool by default it is on, also I didn't really see what the global settings had already filled out. . . -- This is a great temporary fix to my issue. . and when I re-install windows or get time I will remember next time to pay a little more attention as to when I am naming the user account at setup . . . Once again people thank you for your time.

. How do I enable identd in X-Chat?

UNIX:

Identd isn't actually apart of X-Chat. You will need to download and install your own ident server. Most distributions, including Fedora, come with an ident server program called oidentd. Make sure it is enabled in /etc/xinetd.conf or read you distribution's documentation. As an alternative, you can try this experimental identd server: xchat_auth

WINDOWS:

The win32 version of X-Chat comes with a built-in identd server. It is enabled by default, but can be disabled with /set identd 0.