Coolermaster HAF case Replacement

I have a coolermaster HAF case, I have no idea which version it is, though for my question I think it does not matter.

You know those covers that are on the case before adding an optical drive? Well I threw mine out a long time ago when I built my system, thinking I will never need it again.

I am now moving forward into the future, I have 2 optical drives that I am selling because I never use it, all USB. (and i do have other ways in case I do need it).

But now I have a big hole in the front of my case.

Anyone know where I can get a part like that, I don't even know what to search for. How do I find out which version of the HAF case I have?

Take a photo of the case, someone might recognise it

I have the HAF 922

Look on ebay for "HAF Front Bay Mesh Covers"

But don't they all pretty much look the same on the outside?

Here it is, it's apart for other reasons at the moment. Hopefully they are good enough images for someone to know which version. Looking for the cover, and just based off how that looks, I think it's a 932.

eEAMG.jpg

k7oyx.jpg

EgYKN.jpg

Thanks dude,

So I don't suppose anyone on here has two of those covers and is willing to ship, or lives in Ottawa? lol

What about adding an usb3 front panel or some hard drive racks? The racks always useful and there are some which are screw-less (you just insert the 3.5 hard drive and close the bay and the connectors snap in place).

That's the original version the 932. I can confirm that.

Yup, my brother has the same one too

I only have 1 x card reader in mine and all the rest are blanked and its been a few years since I bought the case so if I did have any spares, I have no idea where they would be, plus its the 922 not the 932, I expect they will fit but haven't tested it

I`ll have a look tomorrow but don't expect much, I haven't come across any for at least a year or more, ebay is your friend for this one

What about adding an usb3 front panel or some hard drive racks? The racks always useful and there are some which are screw-less (you just insert the 3.5 hard drive and close the bay and the connectors snap in place).

I am purchasing a new hard drive tomorrow, and the hard part is the power and sata cable is still up near where the blu-ray drive was, and it's going to take awhile to move it down to the buttom.

Do these hard drive racks have a cover for them too?

That's a good case with good internal layout; side loading 3.5" drives, bottom PSU, decent cable managment space, and decent air flow. You can contact coolermaster for replacement bay covers.

The only thing I don't like about this case, is it's not painted black on the inside.

Thanks dude,

So I don't suppose anyone on here has two of those covers and is willing to ship, or lives in Ottawa? lol

I think I got rid of mine, too. I'll look around tonight but it's extremely unlikely I will find them.

On Coolermaster's website, they have a "Request Parts" page. I recall using it myself a while back, and I think they may have even sent it out for free IIRC. Worth a shot at least.

If I don't get any from here or other sites, then yea I will use that request page. Thanks guys.

That's a good case with good internal layout; side loading 3.5" drives, bottom PSU, decent cable managment space, and decent air flow. You can contact coolermaster for replacement bay covers.

The only thing I don't like about this case, is it's not painted black on the inside.

Yea, have had it for quite some time, it's an awesome case. But I agree, being painted black inside looks much better.

I have another question about the case.

My front 120mm Red LED fan has been dying. What I mean is first, the LED lights seem to be much dimmer now, also the bigger problem is that the fan will stop spinning randomly.

Not sure how long, but it stops 100%. I try to spin it to get it going and nothing happens, after awhile, not sure how long, I try again it starts spinning. Happens randomly.

Is this a problem with the fan, or is it a problem with the motherboard (its plugged into the motherboard).

I am hoping to find some in town near me from someone who doesn't want them (free).

If not thank you very much, that's everything I was looking for. I guess the 120mm fan I was talking about is actually 230mm.

The only problem might be, its the US store, I am in Canada. We will see.

*To my previous question, how do I know if it's my motherboard or fan that is problematic?

I am hoping to find some in town near me from someone who doesn't want them (free).

If not thank you very much, that's everything I was looking for. I guess the 120mm fan I was talking about is actually 230mm.

The only problem might be, its the US store, I am in Canada. We will see.

*To my previous question, how do I know if it's my motherboard or fan that is problematic?

i figured that much and i checked that before posting :) "We only ship to US and Canada Only." good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

So I haven't tested the fan, because it's all done a way and I can't seem to find where the fan is plugged into.

Though my side case fan I had off for awhile, just plugged it back in to put the side door on, and it isn't spinning. There are only 2 spots to plug in a fan as far as I can see, so I test the other port and it's still not spinning.

So, would that indicate a problem with the motherboard, or could that still be the two fans now? They are old enough I suppose.

I just don't want to go by some fans, and have them still not work. Anyway I can test it...

Do you have a spare fan, that you know works? Try it on the motherboard. Otherwise, you can put them on a speedfan controller.

That is what I was assuming. Though I'd rather spend no money.

Is there any software that can do that, it's been awhile since I have done anything like that. Software for Linux?

lmsensors should do it. But if the fan doesn't start up initially, then it has to be the fan that is bad. Any friends have a spare fan?