Windows XP and Paged Pool Memory

Hello, Recently I have run into an issue with Starcraft 2 and Borderlands 2 on my pc crashing or reducing the graphics below their already-low threshold to make up for a Paged Pool Memory issue. I am looking for a straightforward way to increase my XP Paged Pool limit. Ive got the maximum allowed ram, a GT 520 Nvidia video card with the 310.70 driver, all XP updates, and a current custom page file of 3500 Inital size and 3870 maximum size. Im pretty much at a loss on what to do and the only "solution" I seem to come across is doing a bunch of command scripts to "add" the paged pool entry on the performance monitoring tab and using a registry file to up it. Id be all for this, but ive also read that for some people it did not increase the limit and Id hate to go through the trouble only for it to not work. Does anybody know of a way that this can be somewhat easily fixed? Thanks

This sounds more like a video issue more than a memory issue. How much RAM is installed on the machine? I'd also hate to say that it would be a Windows issue, but it sounds possible. What's holding you back from upgrading to 7 or 8?

Ive got 4 gigs, XP only recognizes 3.5. Mind you I also play World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, Skyrim, Left 4 Dead 2, Dead Island 2, Minecraft, first Borderlands, and Crysis just fine, too. I havent upgraded because I'm too used to XP, and Ive got no real source of income to buy a new windows. My laptop has 7 on it and I dont really like how it runs. I guess it's just a personal preference :/