• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 OP Mr.XXIV

Mr.XXIV

Shine bright like Iron Man.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 05 January 2013 - 18:20

I think the issue for me is that a gamer tag can be anything that the user wants (well, within reason). It would be like someone signing up to Neowin with the same username Pres.Obama. It doesn't mean that they are President Obama, it was just a name that they chose.

Now if you had been playing against Honey Boo Boo (god, I can't even type that without my fingers cringing) and the player on the other end was mimicking her voice and generally playing like a 6 year old (hmm, given the skill levels of some players that wouldn't be hard to do) then I would have chuckled, but a username or gamer tag is just that for me.

But hey, that's just my view on humour. As the J&FS forum states, it's an individual thing. (Y)

Or maybe just the name broski.
Posted Image

#32 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 15

Posted 05 January 2013 - 18:22

Or maybe just the name broski.

I...don't know who that is. In fact, his expression perfectly summed up mine with a name like broski. :laugh:

#33 OP Mr.XXIV

Mr.XXIV

Posted 05 January 2013 - 18:23

I...don't know who that is. In fact, his expression perfectly summed up mine with a name like broski. :laugh:

lol he's a rapper named Lil B over here, also known as Based God.

#34 Colicab

Colicab

DGDesign

Posted 05 January 2013 - 18:58

Sorry I couldnt help myself.

Tbh you never know, maybe. But yeh a name can be anything, and if I were Honey Boo Boo, I wouldnt have my name as that on xbox lol, but each to there own.

#35 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:17

I think the issue for me is that a gamer tag can be anything that the user wants (well, within reason). It would be like someone signing up to Neowin with the same username Pres.Obama. It doesn't mean that they are President Obama, it was just a name that they chose.

Now if you had been playing against Honey Boo Boo (god, I can't even type that without my fingers cringing) and the player on the other end was mimicking her voice and generally playing like a 6 year old (hmm, given the skill levels of some players that wouldn't be hard to do) then I would have chuckled, but a username or gamer tag is just that for me.

But hey, that's just my view on humour. As the J&FS forum states, it's an individual thing. (Y)

\

Posted Image

#36 tiagosilva29

tiagosilva29

Looking for a job in Lisbon

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:47

What is wrong with you people?

You people? What do you mean "you people"?

Posted Image

#37 OP Mr.XXIV

Mr.XXIV

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:05

You people? What do you mean "you people"?

Posted Image

Well this escalated quickly. :D