Mother defends kids, shoots intruder

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#136 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:56

Right.. I don't care how things were in the past; only how they are now.

Just like people in the U.K use to like guns until the government used anti gun propaganda to change their opinion. Now a lot people are indoctrinated with a hate for guns there. Use propaganda to sway the minds of people, indoctrinate the people with fear and hate of all things gun and we get what we see in gun related threads an all out hate for guns and gun owners.

#137 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,300 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:58

Just like people in the U.K use to like guns until the government used anti gun propaganda to change their opinion. Now a lot people are indoctrinated with a hate for guns there. Use propaganda to sway the minds of people, indoctrinate the people with fear and hate of all things gun and we get what we see in gun related threads an all out hate for guns and gun owners.

*shrug* my opinions on guns are my own, not swayed by anything the government might have said. I don't even remember the UK government making a big fuss about guns, ever. They've been banned for my entire lifetime.

#138 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:04

*shrug* my opinions on guns are my own, not swayed by anything the government might have said. I don't even remember the UK government making a big fuss about guns, ever. They've been banned for my entire lifetime.

How old are you? They made a huge fuss back in 1996 about handguns and i'm pretty sure they had a big anti gun push in the 80s.

#139 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,300 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:06

How old are you? They made a huge fuss back in 1996 about handguns and i'm pretty sure they had a big anti gun push in the 80s.

24, born in 1988, so I would've been eight at the time they made that huge fuss.. not surprised I don't remember!

#140 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:10

24, born in 1988, so I would've been eight at the time they made that huge fuss.. not surprised I don't remember!

So you don't remember the dunblane shooting which led to the handgun ban?

#141 Azusa

Azusa

Neowinian Senior

• 10,000 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:15

Right.. I don't care how things were in the past; only how they are now.

I kinda do cause most people who are 50+ always seem to say "It were better in my day".

So you don't remember the dunblane shooting which led to the handgun ban?

Yeah i remember that as i was 10 at the time but im kinda shocked we didn't get anything sooner after the Hungerford massacre.

#142 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,300 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:16

So you don't remember the dunblane shooting which lead to the handgun ban?

Vaguely. I've read about it since, but don't remember much about whether I knew about it at the time or not.

I kinda do cause most people who are 50+ always seem to say "It were better in my day".

Let me clarify.. what I meant was that what people did in the past shouldn't necessarily affect me and my actions today.

For example, should I feel guilty that my country invaded Scotland years and years ago? No, because it had absolutely nothing to do with me!

#143 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:20

Yeah i remember that as i was 10 at the time but im kinda shocked we didn't get anything sooner after the Hungerford massacre.

Why didn't they ban shotguns after that 2010 shooting?

Vaguely. I've read about it since, but don't remember much about whether I knew about it at the time or not.

Let me clarify.. what I meant was that what people did in the past shouldn't necessarily affect me and my actions today.

For example, should I feel guilty that my country invaded years and years ago? No, because it had absolutely nothing to do with me!

Wait...You all try to guilt trip gun owners all the time! I've been told several times in gun related threads that i'm part of the problem. How am I part of the problem, those shootings had absolutely nothing to do with me!

I've gotta go to work now. cya.

#144 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,300 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:21

Wait...You all try to guilt trip gun owners all the time! I've been told several times in gun related threads that i'm part of the problem. How am I part of the problem, those shootings had absolutely nothing to do with me!

Point me to a post where I've said that.

People who are against guns aren't a single entity you know. We can still have differing opinions :rolleyes:

#145 +Anarkii

Anarkii

Member N° 1,455

• 5,346 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:23

I read this from page 1 and already laughing to myself how people in this thread think shooting someone in the neck 5 times is a good thing.
If I were to break into somones home while they are home, i'd expect a baseball bat to the head, not 5 freaking bullets to the neck.

What the hell is wrong with you people?!

#146 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,300 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:27

I read this from page 1 and already laughing to myself how people in this thread think shooting someone in the neck 5 times is a good thing.
If I were to break into somones home while they are home, i'd expect a baseball bat to the head, not 5 freaking bullets to the neck.

What the hell is wrong with you people?!

What would you do if someone broke into your house and your family was there? Bear in mind you don't know what the intruders intentions are or whether they're armed.

In this case it's made worse by the fact that the intruder was seemingly looking for people to rape/injure/kill, as he didn't steal anything or ransack the house, just went around looking for people.

#147 +Anarkii

Anarkii

Member N° 1,455

• 5,346 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:29

What would you do if someone broke into your house and your family was there? Bear in mind you don't know what the intruders intentions are or whether they're armed.

In this case it's made worse by the fact that the intruder was seemingly looking for people to rape/injure/kill, as he didn't steal anything or ransack the house, just went around looking for people.

Crack em in the head with a baseball bat. No bloody way am I shootin anyone and doing 25 to life for first degree murder. Anyone with half a brain would do the same thing.

#148 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,300 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:33

Crack em in the head with a baseball bat. No bloody way am I shootin anyone and doing 25 to life for first degree murder. Anyone with half a brain would do the same thing.

Right, but in many US states it's not illegal to kill someone who trespasses on your property.

The guy was banging on this woman's door and she ran upstairs, then he bust the door with a crowbaw. I don't think she had much time to think about which weapon to use; nor would you.

If it was me, I'd grab the closest thing, whether that be a knife, baseball bat, golf club, or whatever. It wouldn't be a gun because I don't own one.

When you and your family is threatened you wouldn't have time to think about the consequences like you do when you're sat discussing it on a forum.

#149 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,290 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:44

Right, but in many US states it's not illegal to kill someone who trespasses on your property.

The guy was banging on this woman's door and she ran upstairs, then he bust the door with a crowbaw. I don't think she had much time to think about which weapon to use; nor would you.

If it was me, I'd grab the closest thing, whether that be a knife, baseball bat, golf club, or whatever. It wouldn't be a gun because I don't own one.

When you and your family is threatened you wouldn't have time to think about the consequences like you do when you're sat discussing it on a forum.

Exactly, you dont mess with a family and you dont break into someones house.You do then you get whats coming to you.

#150 +Anarkii

Anarkii

Member N° 1,455

• 5,346 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:50

Still, what that woman did was overkill.
And that's all that needs to be said on the matter.