Mother defends kids, shoots intruder

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#121 necroxd

necroxd

Neowinian

• 366 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:18

Why do people always think they are smart when they can come up with a couple of cities that tried more restrictive gun laws?
It doesn't work if you can just cross the border with no checkpoints, and get to the guns that are illegal in your city or state.
It needs to be a country wide regulation.

Is that so hard to understand or are you just trying to be thick?

Well son analyzing your own comment would tell us that there's no point. You said it yourself what's the point of gun control if people are just gonna smuggle them in. See apparently you don't want gun control you want guns gone from the whole world. I guess the US is full of warmongerers and savages since you keep dismissing arguments about cities with strict gun control having the highest crime rate. Ok youngin you want a country, Australia.

#122 OP DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 16,953 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:33

our police recommends to unload everything you have until you can be assured that you have neutralized the threat.

That's what our police commissioner and carry permit & combat tactics trainers told us, plus in Michigan we can shoot a fleeing felony suspect. Now, once they're down and not a threat you can't perform a coup de gras, but if they then reach for a weapon it's Round Two.

#123 necroxd

necroxd

Neowinian

• 366 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:39

That's what our police commissioner and carry permit & combat tactics trainers told us, plus in Michigan we can shoot a fleeing felony suspect.

Here in Texas we have the fleeing felon law. We are allowed to shoot aslong as they have committed a felony or greater.

#124 Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

• 6,691 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:31

He didn't just break into her home. He also endangered the safety of those inside.

Look at this article where the criminals who broke into someone's house also murdered and raped the mother and her daughters:
http://en.wikipedia....nvasion_murders

Don't bring that up. It goes against their bull**** agenda. That can't happen! I remember that story.

#125 Stoffel

Stoffel

Being on the ocean is cooler then being in front of a Computer

• 1,894 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:58

Well son analyzing your own comment would tell us that there's no point. You said it yourself what's the point of gun control if people are just gonna smuggle them in. See apparently you don't want gun control you want guns gone from the whole world. I guess the US is full of warmongerers and savages since you keep dismissing arguments about cities with strict gun control having the highest crime rate. Ok youngin you want a country, Australia.

I'm not even for a total ban on guns. I do feel there need to be more control on who has what.
I also don't think what the woman did is wrong at all, the 5 shots do seem excessive but I can see that being more of a reaction then blood thirst.
But I can't believe you don't see the difference between a couple of cities in a country banning guns and the whole country banning them.
If they would go that route they obviously have to work on stricter border control with Mexico and Canada

#126 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 25,919 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:25

I really don't see what is so hard to understand. If you don't want to get shot by the owner of a home, then don't break into their god damn home!

#127 Raze

Raze

Mentally Compromised

• 4,137 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:33

hmmm, lets see, someone breaks into my home with a crowbar, looks around the house, finds me and my children and I start shooting and I am supposed to count the number of times I squeeze the trigger? Okay, since the events surely took place in a slow, orderly and predictable way, I should have known better and only slapped him, and only once, wouldn't want to bruise him. /s

The border between the US and Canada is, according to Wikipedia - "The CanadaUnited States border, officially known as the International Boundary, is the longest international border in the world shared between the same pair of countries. The terrestrial boundary (including small portions of maritime boundaries on the Atlantic, Pacific, and Arctic coasts, as well as the Great Lakes) is 8,891 kilometres (5,525 mi) long, including 2,475 kilometres (1,538 mi) shared with Alaska. It is Canada's only land border."

The border includes some very isolated regions, mountains, woodlands etc., and would be very difficult to effectively stop the flow of illegals weapons or anything else for that matter.

The border between the US and Mexico is according to Wikipedia - "The border, separating Mexico and the United States from each other, traverses a variety of terrains, ranging from major urban areas to inhospitable deserts. The border's total length is 3,169 km (1,969 mi), according to figures given by the International Boundary and Water Commission.[1] It is the most frequently crossed international border in the world, with approximately 350 million people legally crossing per year."

Again a very long border and difficult terrain. The US has been unable to stem the flow of illegal drugs and immigrants. Though a lot of illegal weapons cross the border from the US into Mexico, that would quickly change if guns were banned in the US, the demand and profits from that demand would provide an incredible incentive for the drug cartels to also become weapon cartels, and they certainly have the finances to start such an enterprise.

#128 Biotoxic_hazard_835

Biotoxic_hazard_835

Neowinian Medic

• 2,696 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:47

I really don't see what is so hard to understand. If you don't want to get shot by the owner of a home, then don't break into their god damn home!

Exactly! At least I see that someone has been paying attention.

#129 farmeunit

farmeunit

The other white meat.

• 2,855 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:54

Wasn't referencing you, just the OP.

How did she have every right to blow his head off in the article it doesn't even say that she gave him a warning, he broke into the house not knowing there was anyone there, that doesn't give someone an automatic right to empty whatever weapon they have into someones head, that's why there are police and judges.

Are you serious? She was protecting her kids after some guy broke in. He lost his rights when he broke into the house. That's HER domain and she has every right. The police and judges weren't there to do it.

If you just wound someone they can come back and sue you. If you kill them, then they brought that on themselves.

#130 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,396 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:34

5 shots in the face is self defence?

Doesn't even say that she warned him or told him to get out, he broke in and was instantly faced with a weapon and she fired all the rounds off.

Can't wait to see how this is spinned into something positive.

You force your way into somebody else's home without their permission, you face the consequences. If that happens to be death, it's your own fault. Do you have any sense of "ownership" where you're from, or do you have to ask permission to defend yourself there? If you have to use a crowbar to get in, it's a pretty good indicator you're not welcome...

#131 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:28

There's plenty of evidence to support my argument. Nazi Germany is one of them. Hitler disarmed all citizens before rounding up the Jews. Then they were being put in concentration camps along with being executed. "Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

Yeah, Hitler didn't disarm all citizens so you might want to check your copy and paste work there. Most of the Jews were also not in Germany and were in countries with few gun laws.

May want to do a little research instead of perpetuating a false argument from the pro-gunners and a tired one at that.

#132 OP DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 16,953 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:29

What really gets me is that our Castle Doctrine is directly derived from English Common Law, as are many of our other laws, yet many of those in the UK have lost sight of many of its basic precepts.

#133 FlintyV

FlintyV

Neowinian Senior

• 2,377 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:35

What really gets me is that our Castle Doctrine is directly derived from English Common Law, as are many of our other laws, yet many of those in the UK have lost sight of many of its basic precepts.

Such as?

#134 hooko22

hooko22

Neowinian

• 155 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:39

I have to agree that I feel like five bullets is a little much but perhaps understandable if the woman was in a panick, but there's a question if she would have been able to warn the guy to back off before she shot him. I wasn't there however so I am not gonna make any big claims. Just sayin.

#135 Hardcore Til I Die

Hardcore Til I Die

Neowinian Senior

• 3,267 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:41

Right.. I don't care how things were in the past; only how they are now.