Mac->External HD->Windows->Video games. Tell me how.

My cousin wants to install Windows on his Mac onto an external terabyte drive and/or flash drive. I'd be nice for him to use a flash drive, but I don't think he's willing drop an extra $50-$70 for a 64gig FDD as he's about to spend a lot of money on the operating system and games, but we still want to know if he decides too. We can't install it on the Mac's internal hard drive because he's out of storage space on it. That's why he actually got the terabyte drive.

I've thought about a virtual machine (I have no experience with Mac computers), but I can only imagine that gaming via a virtual machine wouldn't be very fun. Any non virtual PC solutions?

no, you can not do it via external

osx allows for booting from an external but windows does not

i'd take the external drive back and get a bigger internal drive and a file transfer kit to easily transfer the contents of the old hard drive (one like this http://www.amazon.co...le+transfer+kit)

and since it's a mac it'll probably use a 2.5" laptop sized hard drive, just a note

Sorry, my bad. I forgot about the fact that you wanted to install Windows on an external drive. That cannot be done with Bootcamp, indeed.

Apple tells this:

8. If I have more than one hard drive, can I install Microsoft Windows on any drive?

You can use Boot Camp to install Windows on any internal hard drive, but not on an external hard drive.

Source: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4818?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US#8

Dang nematodes. :( Well, hanks for the info guys! I'll just let him know the only way is to upgrade his hard drive.

Lol. Nematodes. Are you a horticulture guy? My roommate in college was a hort major and I wouldn't know what a nematode was otherwise.