Photo

A few questions about Windows phone 7.5, Nokia Lumia 900!

windows phone nokia lumia 900

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Richio

Richio

Neowinian

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:30

I'm considering buying this phone and I can only afford this one phone so! I was wondering about the FB app for 7.5, in iPhone, which I currently have, the FB app or messenger is sooo fast and amazing -ability to send and receive pictures and also send voice messages:

• How fast is the FB app? Can I send pictures and receive them? Can I send voice messages (albeit this is a very new iOS feature on the iPhone)

Skype! I had a WP7.5 before (a year ago, on the HTC Mozart) and the problem was that when I got Skype (1.0) I couldn't run it in the background or even lock my screen!

• Has this been fixed? Can I run it in the background? Also does it give me notifications of missed calls from the live tile and lock screen?

• Can Viber be run in background?

• How's Whatsapp? I'll be missing iMessage so I thought I'd use this as a replacement.

#2 +Zlip792

Zlip792

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 16
  • Phone: Nokia C3-00 (8.70 firmware)

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:34

I don't own Windows Phone but I do know that Skype in background only works in Windows Phone 8 OS because it has several enhancement in VoIP department.
Whatsapp is available on Windows Phone and also for WP8 OS while I have no information regarding Viber being available for WP at all.

Hope someone with more experience correct me if I am wrong anywhere and give you answer much accurately.

#3 +d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp

Banned

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:39

Only buy WP8 based device is all I can tell you. WP7.X is old platform created to test mobile phone waters.

Apps will definitely get better in WP8. Can't say the same about WP7.X