AMD Driver Issue on Win 8

Hey guys...

My cousin wanted to try Win 8 so he went and installed it on his laptop I think.

Seems he faced an issue with his GFX Card, In Device Manager it appears with a question mark on it.

Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it.

Uninstall previous driver completely from control panel (If any)

Download latest Catalyst 12.11 from here

Run the setup and install everything.

Although mentioning the model of card and version of OS like 32bit or 64bit would have helped more.

Try going to the manufactures website for the driver. If that driver don't work then go to the AMD site for it. I'm guessing the video card is AMD. I got AMD and Intel laptops, I have no driver issues.

Hard to say what the problem may be that caused the issue. It could be many things that cause this problem. I had this problem a few times. I tried everything but nothing worked. The only thing that worked for me is to do a Reformat with a clean install. Upgrades always game me issues. Hope your cousin finds a better solution, but by all means consider a reformat if nothing else works. :)

Thanks guys really appreciated.

He has Windows 8 64 bit, Im not sure about the model but asked him to check.

He didn't upgrade from Win 7 to 8 he did a fresh install.

Use this utility from AMD:

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/auto_detect.aspx
[/CODE]

It will automatically detect what OS you have and what graphics card you have. Then it will tell you if you have the latext driver or not and offer to install the latest one for you.

Well, it works but the system is not recognizing the Memory on the GPU so some games are lagging.

Something I can do to fix this?

It has Intel and AMD so yes it is dual[thats what i asked and the guys helped]

@Mayhem

Tried it, didnt work.

@djpailo, I know the GFX Card model but not the laptop itself.