1. Is a long uptime bad for performance? (google returns talk about servers)
I sometimes dont restart my pc for a week or two on end. Is this bad for performance? Will it make my computer slow down?
I sometimes think it feels more snappy after a restart but may be placebo.
2. Why does restarting sometimes fix errors, especially after installing a program. Also, why do some software require restarts and some dont?
3. Dual core processors, is this like 2 CPU's in one. Is a 2Ghz dual core the same as having 2x1GHz CPU's?
4. Defragging. Why isnt this so important anymore. Also, what "frags" the computer if it needs defragged lol?
5. Whats more important, the amount of ram or the speed at which it works
I dont get how pictures are stored as 1's and 0's. How does colour work lol
Sorry I know these are real basic but I've just always wondered