adobe cs2 free download

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

#31 threetonesun

threetonesun

Neowinian Senior

• 11,943 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 17:34

Hmmm, I always thought it used Rosetta to run. I am trying to think back, and pretty sure I have run CS2 on my older iMac, which is an intel based computer.

Yes, you can if you have Rosetta, but Apple killed off Rosetta in 10.7.

#32 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• 26,995 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 17:38

Adobe in my books wins the "Smartest company" of 2013 award.

#33 Lee G.

Lee G.

Neowinian Senior

• 10,397 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 18:13

Hmmm - it appears it doesn't like something with Win 8 even under Compatibility mode:

You will need to change the install location - I took out the (x86) part and it moved on.

Although it doesn't really matter, C:\Program Files is meant for x64 software only. You can install to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe by entering C:\Progra~2\Adobe.

#34 +Medfordite

Medfordite

Neowinian Senior

• 2,422 posts
  • Phone: HTC One M7 - Blue

Posted 07 January 2013 - 18:20

Yeah, I saw that solution later on. Had a bear of a time installing it, but it finally did. I had to burn a disc for each one and then install that way, but in reality, looks like I could have done an install from the directory after merging all files into one directory. Either way - works fine on Win8 for those wondering.

#35 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

• 3,344 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 18:35

Adobe in my books wins the "Smartest company" of 2013 award.

Yep. That's an easy way to get alot of companies correctly licensed and using the full suite of CS, even if it's an oldie; i remember one time i was a trainee in a big television company in my country and the folks in there were still using PS5...in 2004. Still we could do everything necessary (graphic wise), although not so fast (example: one graphic operation took like 10 steps in PS5 were in CS1 it was like 1 step or 2 steps lol).

#36 trek

trek

7 / X

• 2,931 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 18:45

Worth it just for Acrobat 8 Pro.

#37 Nas

Nas

Neowinian

• 558 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 18:46

We're sorry, the site area you've requested is unavailable. Please try again later.

#38 Lee G.

Lee G.

Neowinian Senior

• 10,397 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 18:49

Yeah, I saw that solution later on. Had a bear of a time installing it, but it finally did. I had to burn a disc for each one and then install that way, but in reality, looks like I could have done an install from the directory after merging all files into one directory. Either way - works fine on Win8 for those wondering.

I've tried to merge all files into one directory but it's still asking for CD 2. :s Looks like I'm going to have to make ISOs from the files extracted by each installer and then mount them.

We're sorry, the site area you've requested is unavailable. Please try again later.

The direct links are still working: <snip>

#39 mastermate

mastermate

Neowinian

• 312 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 18:55

I've tried to merge all files into one directory but it's still asking for CD 2.

Not sure how you merge the files but, I had this problem then I realized that the 2nd file "CreativeSuiteCS2Disc2.exe" installed to a folder called "Creative Suite" and not "Creative Suite CS2" like the other two. Once the same folder was used for all three files then it worked.

Unfortunately, for me, this version of Photoshop doesn't seem to like to open .CR2 files :/

#40 Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

• 5,742 posts
  • Phone: Apple iPhone 4S

Posted 07 January 2013 - 18:57

Not sure how you merge the files but, I had this problem then I realized that the 2nd file "CreativeSuiteCS2Disc2.exe" installed to a folder called "Creative Suite" and not "Creative Suite CS2" like the other two. Once the same folder was used for all three files then it worked.

Unfortunately, for me, this version of Photoshop doesn't seem to like to open .CR2 files :/

If you download and install the related Camera RAW plugin for Photoshop it should open them natively :) Each .CR2 file is coded based on the camera it was taken with though, so make sure your camera is on the compatibility list before installing. If say, the most recent version lists 'Added Compatibility for Canon EOS 550D' then by extension it'll support the 500D, 450D and so on.

#41 Lee G.

Lee G.

Neowinian Senior

• 10,397 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 18:57

Yeah, I realised this just now. I moved the files in the Creative Suite folder to the Creative Suite CS2 folder and it's installing correctly now.

#42 mastermate

mastermate

Neowinian

• 312 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 19:11

If you download and install the related Camera RAW plugin for Photoshop it should open them natively :) Each .CR2 file is coded based on the camera it was taken with though, so make sure your camera is on the compatibility list before installing. If say, the most recent version lists 'Added Compatibility for Canon EOS 550D' then by extension it'll support the 500D, 450D and so on.

Well, what do you know. Works like a charm. Thanks.

#43 ThisIsStockerHD

ThisIsStockerHD

Neowinian

• 1,244 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 07 January 2013 - 19:13

It makes me a sad panda to see that the site is down. I know I can (and have) got it from that external site but I wants it from Adobe for some reason lol.

#44 Lee G.

Lee G.

Neowinian Senior

• 10,397 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 19:28

It makes me a sad panda to see that the site is down. I know I can (and have) got it from that external site but I wants it from Adobe for some reason lol.

If you're referring to the site I linked to, the download links are from adobe.com. It's only the page that is down, not the download links.

#45 M_Lyons10

M_Lyons10

Neowinian Senior

• 13,920 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 19:46

I hope the Adobe site is back up soon. I can't download it right now anyway, but I'm sure it will be back up at some point here. Definitely surprising from Adobe of all people...