guild wars 2 and sc2 updates

so I have to format my pc and I have these to games sc2 and guild wars 2 that needs to be updated after I have installed windows.But which files and folders should I copy and after I installed windows how do I copy these files in with the normal installed files I get from the disc.if anybody plays one or both these games I would appreciate the help

Don't know about SC2, but with GW2 you only need to save the Gw2.dat file in the game's directory. Then after you install the client, just copy the file back and you got all the updates.

you can copy the entire game directory of each game and not have to worry about re-installing/updating the games once you have copied them back over, and they will work without issue.

Guild Wars 1 & 2 are really easy to back up.

You will want to copy the gw.dat or gw2.dat file.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars(2)\gw(2).dat

To restore start to re-install the game, when it starts to download the files, cancel and exit.

Then copy back the compete dat files over the newly created one.

you can copy the entire game directory of each game and not have to worry about re-installing/updating the games once you have copied them back over, and they will work without issue.

IIRC when you do this with GW1 it actually adds itself back to the registry when you start the game if it doesn't find the proper registry keys (and I believe it changes them if the location of the EXE is different than before), if GW2 does the same then, as you said, there would be no issue at all doing this with GW2.

That being said, lots of software seems to be doing this now, even Steam, you can move the folder and downloaded games and when you launch it from the new directory it will correct its registry entries.