#cut4bieber trend.

WARNING (added by Calum): The photos at the links are somewhat graphic. If you are easily offended by blood or cuts to skin, it is recommended you do not click the links.

there a new popular trend on twitter. #cut4bieber. Teenagers are cutting themselves because they want to send a message to Justin Bieber that they don't agree with his pot smoking ways.

few examples(warning,pics of people "cutting",and blood shown)

http://twitter.com/d...352409611292672

http://twitter.com/p...346196018352129

edit:removed pics from post. if mods say links need to be removed its no problem.

Edited by Calum
I added a warning to the post. The images are a bit too graphic to be posted in the thread, but there's no harm in discussion about it.

vcfan, it looks like you edited your post just as I did :p I snipped the images, added a warning, then saved the post, but when I refreshed the page, you had done the same :p I think it's best we keep my large, red warning at the top of the post, though, as some people will click links without reading the full post.

I am fine with any discussion about this. Posting pictures in the thread will not be acceptable but posting links like those in the original post may be if a clear warning (like the one I've placed in the first post) is included.

• Like 2

Is a very pertinent topic, one that describes in a very precise (if not shocking) way the culmination of the capitalist morality. A new theology.

I might write a paper about this.

vcfan, it looks like you edited your post just as I did :p I snipped the images, added a warning, then saved the post, but when I refreshed the page, you had done the same :p I think it's best we keep my large, red warning at the top of the post, though, as some people will click links without reading the full post.

I am fine with any discussion about this. Posting pictures in the thread will not be acceptable but posting links like those in the original post may be if a clear warning (like the one I've placed in the first post) is included.

:laugh: yep, after i posted the pics i realized it isnt right so i edited my post.after i did that i saw your edits. your warning is fine actually,thanks.

The part that sickens me is that the label / promotion company will be fully aware of this, but have taken no action. I'm not outright saying that they are responsible in any way, but they could at least put out a video saying "Hey look, you cut yourself. There's a lot of reasons for this - often taking back control of your feelings. But doing it for attention in the name of a fan is just wrong, and we do not support this. Please stop". Also Justin could do similar. 100% guarantee they are aware of this.

But nothing.

Flipside: Please finish the job.

Just back from 4chan and there is a lot of talk about this there.

Most of the pics are troll accounts and 4channers trying to get other kids to believe this is real then do it themselves.

Im never letting my kids (if i have any) on the internet unsupervised!

Im never letting my kids (if i have any) on the internet unsupervised!

I'm never letting them online, period, the way the Internet is going anymore.

I'm never letting them online, period, the way the Internet is going anymore.

Yeah thats a fact, the internet is a scary place nowadays if you end up in the wrong places. And this is what is referred to as the "clearnet"!!

I've only wandered into the "deepweb" for an hour or so but it doesn't seem there is much there you can't find anywhere online now.

Is a very pertinent topic, one that describes in a very precise (if not shocking) way the culmination of the capitalist morality. A new theology.

I might write a paper about this.

I think it has to do with the complete lack of parenting most children receive while growing up that causes things like this to happen

I feel the same way about people "cutting" as I do those who wish to kill themselves. Sure, finish the job. I could not care less. As long as you don't take other people with you or infect me with AIDS, I'm happy!

Something is terribly wrong with those kids, seriously.. Those poor crazy kids, this is just a great example of what a tragic society we live in, this is why the youth of America is going down hill, drowned with emo kids and bieberites.

I think it has to do with the complete lack of parenting most children receive while growing up that causes things like this to happen

It's bigger than that. Bieber adoration is the result of many decades of capitalist cultural domination and influence. Elvis is a precedent, NKOTB is a precedent, every media-marketing posterchild built for the teenage public is a precedent. Yes, parents have responsibility too but parents themselves are part of the problem.

Don't believe me? A couple of weeks from now this indignation of ours will pass. We will assimilate it, the media will absorb it.

Capitalism is not only an economic or political system, is a social one, including moral dynamics.

It's bigger than that. Bieber adoration is the result of many decades of capitalist cultural domination and influence. Elvis is a precedent, NKOTB is a precedent, every media-marketing posterchild built for the teenage public is a precedent. Yes, parents have responsibility too but parents themselves are part of the problem.

Don't believe me? A couple of weeks from now this indignation of ours will pass. We will assimilate it, the media will absorb it.

Capitalism is not only an economic or political system, is a social one, including moral dynamics.

Back when I was 10 or so and if I would of have "followed" someone this deeply in love my parents would have thought I'm crazy and would have had a pretty deep discussion with me.

Also, if you slit your wrists because of something like this you do deserve to die from blood loss, just remember cut it upside down.

While I didn't look at the pictures, this page is another reminder of the terrors the internet (and the people on it) can provide if you go looking for it.