Dexter (Season 8) FINAL SEASON!

CONFIRMED FINAL SEASON

The countdown to Dexter?s endgame has begun.

The Showtime thriller will introduce two major recurring characters in its upcoming eighth and likely final season ? and both could spell trouble for Dex and Deb.

First up is Dr. Evelyn Vogel, a formidable and whip smart neuro-psychiatrist in her late 50s who assists the law in profiling criminals (like, perhaps, the one who murdered LaGuerta?).

The show is also on the hunt for a 40ish actor to play Jacob Elroy, a handsome and straightforward former cop who now owns his own private eye business. Our guess: Angel (or maybe Tom?) hires him to find out who killed his ex-wife.

http://tvline.com/2013/01/07/dexter-season-8-spoilers/

thanks for posting. i really hope they dont cancel it.

Should be a required by law that any cancelling show needs to be replaced by a equal quality or a better one.

It wasn't getting canceled. They were ending it naturally. Meaning the showrunner and producers agreed that the show needed to come to an end.

Personally, I kind of hope it does it. The show has run its course in my opinion. This past season wasn't great either. The relationship between Dexter & Debra is crazy too. I don't have a problem with Deb being in love with Dexter, but her reactions to what Dex does and then almost a 180 in a short period of time seemed really off to me.

Showtime is splitting up its two most popular series.

Dexter and Homeland, which aired back to back in fall the past two years, will separate, so the network can use them as launching pads to introduce two new dramas.

Homeland, the Emmy-winning best drama, will remain in the fall, returning for a third season in September. But Dexter, the serial-killer series starring Michael C. Hall, will air its eighth and final season this summer. It will be followed by Ray Donovan, a new drama starring Liev Schreiber as a Los Angeles "fixer" to the rich and powerful. Jon Voight and Elliott Gould also star.

Homeland's new companion is Masters of Sex, a fictionalized biography of sex researchers William Masters and Virginia Johnson, that stars Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/01/dexter-being-pushed-to-summer-homeland.html

At today's Showtime TCA Panel, Showtime president, David Nevins when asked about if this would be the final said "I'm not making any announcements today"

Dexter - 30th June 2013

Ray Donovan - 30th June 2013

Homeland - 29th Sept 2013

Masters of Sex - 29th Sept 2013

It wasn't getting canceled. They were ending it naturally. Meaning the showrunner and producers agreed that the show needed to come to an end.

Personally, I kind of hope it does it. The show has run its course in my opinion. This past season wasn't great either. The relationship between Dexter & Debra is crazy too. I don't have a problem with Deb being in love with Dexter, but her reactions to what Dex does and then almost a 180 in a short period of time seemed really off to me.

Agree about ending but disagree about season 7. I would rate the seasons as follows:

1. Season 2

2. Season 1

3. Season 7

4. Season 4

5. Season 6

6. Season 3

7. Season 5.

• Like 2

Starting in JUNE!? Early by a few months is it not?

Yeah it would usually be starting the same date as Homeland as they were paired up

That new promo looks to be using all old clips from S7 except the one of deb infront of an oil tanker and dexter at the church. Can't really see what's to look forward to from it.

That new promo looks to be using all old clips from S7 except the one of deb infront of an oil tanker and dexter at the church. Can't really see what's to look forward to from it.

i thought the oil tanker was from the episode when the guy jumped in front of the truck (I could be wrong)

Then don't watch?

Well I still enjoy watching it, but at the time I think the stories are getting a bit forced. "Long in the tooth" does not mean its bad. I am in the crowd that things shows should end before they start to suck. The producers/ writers keep changing when it will end. I think HBO does the best job of ending a show before it starts to turn really bad (there are a few exceptions to this). Season 6 was the worse in my opinion but 7 brought me back with some great substories in there. After each show though I started to want him to get caught. He is making more mistakes and taking more liberties. I see this coming to an end this season.

• Like 2

Well I still enjoy watching it, but at the time I think the stories are getting a bit forced. "Long in the tooth" does not mean its bad. I am in the crowd that things shows should end before they start to suck. The producers/ writers keep changing when it will end. I think HBO does the best job of ending a show before it starts to turn really bad (there are a few exceptions to this). Season 6 was the worse in my opinion but 7 brought me back with some great substories in there. After each show though I started to want him to get caught. He is making more mistakes and taking more liberties. I see this coming to an end this season.

I agree with this completely. End it while it's good.

A veteran British actress has landed a key role in the upcoming eighth (and possibly final) season of Showtime?s Dexter.

Charlotte Rampling has been cast in a recurring role as a neuro-psychiatrist who specializes in working with young psychopaths and profiling criminals in unorthodox ways. We hear the role has a significant impact on next season?s story.

(http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/01/dexter-season-8-casting-news-charlotte.html)

?Dexter? had itself quite a day earlier this week, announcing the respective castings of both Charlotte Rampling and former ?Boondock Saint? Sean Patrick Flanery for major roles in the show?s upcoming eighth season, but the recognizable names haven?t stopped just yet. ?The Walking Dead? star Nick Gomez is the latest to be announced among the season 8 cast, which may or may not be the final year for Showtime?s beloved serial killer drama. Find out about Nick Gomez role on ?Dexter? season 8 inside!

We aren?t entirely certain if ?Dexter? season 8 will act as the final season for Showtime?s favorite serial killer, but the casting announcement are nonetheless continually intriguing. The latest notable figure announced to join the show?s eighth season is that of ?The Walking Dead? player Nick Gomez, best remembered for appearing in the initial two episodes of the third season as traitorous prisoner Tomas, whose skull Rick cleaved with a machete.

Gomez himself revealed the casting of his recurring role via Twitter, but didn?t offer any details of the role as of yet. Gomez joins a guest cast that includes Charlotte Rampling as criminal profiling neuro-psychiatrist Dr. Evelyn Vogel, and ?The Boondock Saints? star Sean Patrick Flanery as ex-cop turned private-eye Jacob Elroy.

(http://screencrush.com/dexter-season-8-the-walking-dead-nick-gomez/)