Dexter (Season 8) FINAL SEASON!

It's not unheard of :p

Oh trust me I know... women will actually be the death of me one day...

Vogel's whole approach both to Deb and Dexter seems oriented around preserving her theory that Dexter's actions are good. Which is to her benefit, of course, since she wants Dexter to help her.

Of course Deb had a lot of choices. She could have killed Dexter, she could have turned herself in. Why shouldn't she have? Vogel never asks that. "Making the best of a bad situation" is a judgement designed to make Deb feel happy with how things are. And what about Dexter? Well, she assumes he accepted the code because serial killers need a code. Its possible he accepted the code as a way to redeem himself, because he felt guilty about his lust for blood. It sure seems that way; with him worrying about himself being a monster all of the time. Vogel also acknowledges he thinks of himself as a monster, and tells him to think otherwise. If the code is a way to redeem himself, though, that means he has a conscience; which Vogel denies. But, just like with Deb, she wants him to feel happy with how things are, and that means for Dexter to repress his conscience by denying its existence.

Did not watch the episode last night, going to watch it sometime later this evening.  Just finished watching House of Cards and I can't wait for season 2 !!!

• Like 2

Does Deb knows what she want??  Dead or alive?  It's dragging that last season...

Do the writers know what they want? The writers are dragging this season down, but that's been happening for a while now though.

If this wasn't the last season for Dexter, it would be my last season for watching. Ugh!

Technically since Deb killed el Sapo unjustly, 

El Sapo was a hitman -- if anything, that's right in the code itself.

Holy **** so far the last season of Dexter sucks some hard balls.

Don't watch it. Not that complicated.

Good grief. Iowans. :wacko:

I can see them intentionally dragging it out for the next episode then BAM knife to the chest for Deb! They're clearly trying to get us ###### off with Deb.

Don't watch it. Not that complicated.

Good grief. Iowans. :wacko:

Oh are we not allowed to post our opinions on shows unless they're positive opinions? :rolleyes:

Last nights episode was a good'un, finally getting back on track with what Dexter should be. Don't like the sound of an "apprentice" Harry's Code follower though... I do quite like the look of what Dex and Deb could do together as a duo :D.

Also, loved the way Dexter killed the syco under the bed with the curtain rail  :laugh:

Had some free time yesterday, so sat in front of the TV and watched the entire eight season so far. Not a fan of how the fifth episode ended. Thought it would be more fitting for the end of the season and not the middle of it.

And I'm not that excited to see how it ends based on the preview for the next episode. Feels like they're just trying to bring audience to their next show instead of properly ending this one. Hope I'm wrong.

Dr. Vogel and I have the same ringtone!!!

I chose it because of the tv show LOST and that is the first time we see Desmond,

Imagine my shock when the media world and the real world collide! Again!

Now when someone calls it's a double entendre.

I was wondering how long it'd take for Yvonne Strahovski or Julia Stiles to make an appearance, quite surprised that it has taken to the mid-point of the final season to see Yvonne Strahovski return as Hannah.

I'm still enjoying it despite obvious deficiencies.

Apart from the boring sub-arcs (Masuka, Debs PI work) the apprentice killer thing is way too corny.  I will still make it through tot he end of the season though.

• Like 3

Dex really has a problem with women eh? lol

• 2 weeks later...

OMG What's happening in this last season of Dexter?  This has to be the WORST season of all?

Dexter and Hannah, Deb that just decide to drop it, Zach's dead and Dr. Voguel has a piece of his brain?  WTF...

WOW words can't describe how bad this season is.... well actually let me try...

I'm more entertained in my bathroom reading Nintendo power magazines from the early 90's than I am watching this season of Dexter.