Looks worse than B&W, which I never took a liking to. Seems that HG/SS are going to be the final ones for me.

Who on earth is designing these new Pok?mon, the starters look atrocious!

Same for me, 4th Gen is where it peaked. Platinum was excellent in every way, it had been so well refined. Just look how far we have fallen now...

Not sure whether to buy a 3ds XL now with B&W2 and some other game or wait for the inevitable Pokemon bundle. Probably just buy it now I suppose.

Maybe the US could get a 3DS as bad ass as the Pikachu and Charzard ones.

Well the last game I had played any amount was silver, I got SS but traded it in because I just didn't have time then. I impulsively bought White 2 and have remembered why I played Yellow and then Silver so much when I was younger(even went looking for and found my Pikachu GBC)

Same for me, 4th Gen is where it peaked. Platinum was excellent in every way, it had been so well refined. Just look how far we have fallen now...

Have you played Gen V at all? Highly recommended just because of the fact that they made the story serious for once, the animated sprites are fantastic, and hell I wouldn't say that the Pokemon are bad at all, especially when you've got stuff like Excadrill and Volcarona.

Have you played Gen V at all? Highly recommended just because of the fact that they made the story serious for once, the animated sprites are fantastic, and hell I wouldn't say that the Pokemon are bad at all, especially when you've got stuff like Excadrill and Volcarona.

I played Black for a bit but it just seemed meh and I couldn't force myself to carry on playing something that wasn't fun :/ Black 2 was a mild improvement but still a massive step down from the superb Gen IV.

• 4 months later...

man the footage shown at E3 yesterday looks so much better than what was shown a few months ago. i'm looking forward to this pokemon gen more and more :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There is an ancient tablet pokemon with what look to be runes on it. It is ice/rock and can be found near a city with a windmill. It has the ability Flash Freeze which causes Pokemon to become frozen when they use a physical attack on it. The pokemon's name is Bitrunic and it knows the attacks rock smash and ice beam. It looks like a grey stone rectangular slab and the runes glow icy blue normally and red when it is attacking. It's eyes are two runes that are rectangles with diagonal lines that go through them. 

The next is a steel/ghost type pokemon also found near the ruins that have bitrunic. It is known as the mirror pokemon. Named Flekter. Its pokedex entry  says that it can trap a person's soul within the reflection. It does evolve into a broken mirror pokemon. I do not know the name of the evolution but it has a ghost like mist holding together broken mirror shards. 

Read More

• 2 weeks later...

I happened to come into a 3DS XL recently. Just pre-ordered both X and Y (already have 3DS) after attempting to get a few store clerks at different stores to break street release date :P

I'm looking forward to this more than the xbone and bf4 for some reason :/

I'm looking forward to this more than the xbone and bf4 for some reason :/

Probably because there's more interesting to this game than the entirety of both consoles launch lineups.

Man I hope FutureShop ships out my copy tonight...   I'll be at work from 3pm to midnight... >.<

So I ended up getting Y on the eshop (it's 1.8GB btw... >.< good thing I got a 32GB card in there)

Yea Futureshop screwed me that way too... thats why I got Y on the eShop..

I've never found 3d noticeable on the 3ds in general.

Yeah I never really found 3D all that impressive and after about 15 minutes I all but forget it was enabled until I moved the 3DS out of the "sweet spot" and everything looks crap. That was with an original 3DS though, I don't know if the XL is any better. It certainly has much better screens. I hated the small screen on the 3DS so much I sold it when the XL was announced but I never got around to buying an XL. Maybe for Christmas ;)

I've found it to be quite noticeable in some titles, but then there are ones like this game where when i turn it on it's like "did i turn it on?".

Finally bought the game.

I haven't properly played a Pokemon game since Gold/Silver.

I've gone with Pokemon Y. Can't wait for it to arrive tomorrow and spend the weekend on it.

Then Link Between Worlds in November. My 3DS XL is seeing more action than my 360!

Finally bought the game.

I haven't properly played a Pokemon game since Gold/Silver.

I've gone with Pokemon Y. Can't wait for it to arrive tomorrow and spend the weekend on it.

Then Link Between Worlds in November. My 3DS XL is seeing more action than my 360!

I think just about any gaming platform will see more action than a 360 this year due to the lack of exclusives.