official pokémon x pokémon y game freak nintendo nintendo 3ds

84 replies to this topic

#46 Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: HTC One S

Posted 13 January 2013 - 13:30

Character design seems to be getting stranger and lazier with every new generation. Plus the naming of new Pokemon is weird.

Despite that the footage looks great. One thing I'd like to see is more lifelike proportionality with the design of cities (i.e. buildings aren't three by two blocks wide when your guy takes up one).

So you're saying Muk and Voltorb weren't lazy?

Still, this is cue for me getting a 3DS at some point between now and October. Many are speculating customisable main characters due to the working mirror AND the fact the female protag's hair changes during the trailer (apparently).

#47 Kriz

Kriz

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 13 January 2013 - 14:18

So how many pokemon are there now? I dont think ive watched or played it since the first series/pokemon red&blue, at the rate they were increasing then surely theres gotta be about 1.5 million of these little buggers now??

#48 tiagosilva29

tiagosilva29

You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: I need a new one. Gibe moni plos

Posted 13 January 2013 - 14:44

So how many pokemon are there now?

As of 2011 (Generation V): 649.

#49 Kriz

Kriz

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 January 2013 - 15:39

As of 2011 (Generation V): 649.

Yikes :| i remember how excited i was to get pokemon red when i was younger, i think an emulator is calling me :shifty:

#50 Denis W.

Denis W.

The True North!

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 13 January 2013 - 18:39

So you're saying Muk and Voltorb weren't lazy?

Design-wise, maybe but at least they looked sorta badass.

Or if you meant Pokemon being lazy - you can't get anymore lazier than "splash." :p

#51 thatguyandrew1992

thatguyandrew1992

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 13 January 2013 - 18:46

Pokemon Silver ftw!

#52 thealexweb

thealexweb

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 January 2013 - 18:59

Looks worse than B&W, which I never took a liking to. Seems that HG/SS are going to be the final ones for me.

Who on earth is designing these new Pokémon, the starters look atrocious!

Same for me, 4th Gen is where it peaked. Platinum was excellent in every way, it had been so well refined. Just look how far we have fallen now...

#53 S00N3R FR3AK

S00N3R FR3AK

Champion

Posted 13 January 2013 - 19:18

Not sure whether to buy a 3ds XL now with B&W2 and some other game or wait for the inevitable Pokemon bundle. Probably just buy it now I suppose.

Maybe the US could get a 3DS as bad ass as the Pikachu and Charzard ones.

Well the last game I had played any amount was silver, I got SS but traded it in because I just didn't have time then. I impulsively bought White 2 and have remembered why I played Yellow and then Silver so much when I was younger(even went looking for and found my Pikachu GBC)

#54 Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: HTC One S

Posted 13 January 2013 - 20:46

Same for me, 4th Gen is where it peaked. Platinum was excellent in every way, it had been so well refined. Just look how far we have fallen now...

Have you played Gen V at all? Highly recommended just because of the fact that they made the story serious for once, the animated sprites are fantastic, and hell I wouldn't say that the Pokemon are bad at all, especially when you've got stuff like Excadrill and Volcarona.

#55 thealexweb

thealexweb

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 January 2013 - 21:03

Have you played Gen V at all? Highly recommended just because of the fact that they made the story serious for once, the animated sprites are fantastic, and hell I wouldn't say that the Pokemon are bad at all, especially when you've got stuff like Excadrill and Volcarona.

I played Black for a bit but it just seemed meh and I couldn't force myself to carry on playing something that wasn't fun :/ Black 2 was a mild improvement but still a massive step down from the superb Gen IV.

#56 +Brando212

Brando212

Causer of disasters

• Tech Issues Solved: 10
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL

Posted 12 June 2013 - 15:58

man the footage shown at E3 yesterday looks so much better than what was shown a few months ago. i'm looking forward to this pokemon gen more and more :)

#57 +Matthew S.

Matthew S.

What the what

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:06

Fairy type? really?

#58 danio9004

danio9004

Neowinian

Posted 15 July 2013 - 23:17

I've played recently in this game, but I really like it. Graphics good and would recommend.

#59 freak180

freak180

Mr. GreatDisaster

Posted 24 September 2013 - 15:25

There is an ancient tablet pokemon with what look to be runes on it. It is ice/rock and can be found near a city with a windmill. It has the ability Flash Freeze which causes Pokemon to become frozen when they use a physical attack on it. The pokemon's name is Bitrunic and it knows the attacks rock smash and ice beam. It looks like a grey stone rectangular slab and the runes glow icy blue normally and red when it is attacking. It's eyes are two runes that are rectangles with diagonal lines that go through them. 

The next is a steel/ghost type pokemon also found near the ruins that have bitrunic. It is known as the mirror pokemon. Named Flekter. Its pokedex entry  says that it can trap a person's soul within the reflection. It does evolve into a broken mirror pokemon. I do not know the name of the evolution but it has a ghost like mist holding together broken mirror shards. 

Read More

#60 freak180

freak180

Mr. GreatDisaster

Posted 24 September 2013 - 15:45

Please read the rest of the information in the description 

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!