• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

• 3,513 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 13:42

23 != child.

Also the one child per couple is having a profound effect in Chinese society.

#17 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• 11,814 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 13:54

Sure there are various other ways to get the "child" to stop playing video games, but this option seems like one of the more fun ways. It's just a shame that it doesn't seem to have worked.

I can appreciate him wanting to wait until he finds a job that is right for him, but at the same time I would remind him that he can continue to look for his dream job while working in something else. Anything to get a bit of money coming in and get him away from the computer for a few hours.

#18 Crisp

Crisp

To infinity and beyond

• 5,529 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 14:19

LOL i shouldn't be allowed to breed because i think this kid needs tough love so he'll get out and be a functioning member of society?
All his parents are currently doing is enabling him to be a bum.

Some people get raised the real way, while others are born with a silver spoon in their mouth. I would just ignore him and don't take his bait.

I was treated in a similar way when I was younger, get a job or get out. Worked on me, so I guess my parents shouldn't of been allowed to "breed" too.

#19 Rohdekill

Rohdekill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,640 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 14:50

Can everyone stop saying "child"....please!! This is a 23 year old adult man. Who, by any cultural standards, should be out in the world making it on his own or with a significant other.

Parents need to grow a pair and actually be parents rather than trying to be his friend. Just how long should this ADULT be spoon-fed his way through life? He says he wants to find a job that suits him? Fine! Start by working at jobs until you find one that fits you...not sit on your @ss, taking advantage of your parents money, thinking you'll just wait for someone to magically appear at your door and offer you your dream job.

How is this guy ever to become a responsible adult if the parents never put him in a position to become responsible?

#20 Praetor

Praetor

ASCii / ANSi Designer

• 3,513 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 15:26

Can everyone stop saying "child"....please!! This is a 23 year old adult man. Who, by any cultural standards, should be out in the world making it on his own or with a significant other.

Parents need to grow a pair and actually be parents rather than trying to be his friend. Just how long should this ADULT be spoon-fed his way through life? He says he wants to find a job that suits him? Fine! Start by working at jobs until you find one that fits you...not sit on your @ss, taking advantage of your parents money, thinking you'll just wait for someone to magically appear at your door and offer you your dream job.

How is this guy ever to become a responsible adult if the parents never put him in a position to become responsible?

this.

#21 Richteralan

Richteralan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,360 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4 E960

Posted 09 January 2013 - 16:09

Too late. 23yo?

I see there's some chances if he's 13yo.

Most of the time parents won't listen and when they realize it, too late!

#22 Growled

Growled

Neowinian Senior

• 41,508 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:03

Tell the young man, no work or no eating and playing games. He'll come around shortly.

#23 KingCracker

KingCracker

I am your huckleberry.

• 4,307 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:13

A 23 year old isnt a child. He needs to be on his own for a while to realize that he HAS to work if he wants to have a decent life.
Enabling him by feeding, and doing everything for him isn't going to get him up and off that computer.

Raising children isnt about babying them. it's about making them able to function, and contribute to the world on their own and have a nice life.

this guy obviously needs a wake up call.

I actually agree with you. I'd kick him off the computer and force him to get a job, if he didn't I'd make sure his belongings were on the curb. Any job would do, I'd make him pay me what he could because if he was on his own he'd be paying rent among other bills.