• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 z0phi3l

z0phi3l

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Android

Posted 10 January 2013 - 20:52

I can imagine LG has got to be ****ed, they can't sell the LG Optimus whatever it is that the N4 is based off of, but the N4 is selling like it's a Samsung device, they can't be making much profit off the N4 so why increase production?

#17 tsupersonic

tsupersonic

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nexus 5 16 GB

Posted 10 January 2013 - 20:54

The sad part is the last time they went on sale in the Play Store (for US), it was emailed out, announced via multiple sites like Engadget and such. I think this phone is getting too much attention. I think I signed up the email list to be notified as soon as I could, following Google's press release, and it hasn't failed me. If you really want the phone, there are tools to make sure you are aware of it when it goes on sale next time/availability: emails, news announcements, websites that check availability, etc.

I can imagine LG has got to be ****ed, they can't sell the LG Optimus whatever it is that the N4 is based off of, but the N4 is selling like it's a Samsung device, they can't be making much profit off the N4 so why increase production?

The difference being one is loaded with LG bloatware, and the Nexus device is a pure Google experience. Most consumers would flock to Samsung for the Note 2 or Galaxy S3 based on popularity, and hardcore Android lovers will flock to Nexus 4.

#18 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 10 January 2013 - 21:35

The only ones who know how much LG is making off of the N4 is Google and LG. That being said, they list the LG Nexus 4 as having a starting MSRP of $499 (for the 8GB one). I've also read that Google subsidizes LGs MSRP in order to sell it on the Play Store at $299 and $349.

I'm fairly sure that LG is likely making about the same profits off of the Nexus 4 as they would any other phone.

I wonder how Google is doing with the Nexus 4. Clearly they grabbed a lot of iOS users with the Nexus 4 (judging by the few forum posts on every site). Not sure what their game plan is or if it is working.

#19 z0phi3l

z0phi3l

Neowinian

• Phone: Android

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:56

The only ones who know how much LG is making off of the N4 is Google and LG. That being said, they list the LG Nexus 4 as having a starting MSRP of $499 (for the 8GB one). I've also read that Google subsidizes LGs MSRP in order to sell it on the Play Store at $299 and $349.

I'm fairly sure that LG is likely making about the same profits off of the Nexus 4 as they would any other phone.

I wonder how Google is doing with the Nexus 4. Clearly they grabbed a lot of iOS users with the Nexus 4 (judging by the few forum posts on every site). Not sure what their game plan is or if it is working.

Whatever they're doing is working, there's more demand then available product

#20 linsook

linsook

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:05

They're busy sending out RMA's. Waiting for my RMA to ship.

#21 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 11 January 2013 - 16:10

They're busy sending out RMA's. Waiting for my RMA to ship.

My RMA shipped yesterday and arrived today. So far I'm happy with my replacement N4 except that the color was off. Kind of a yellowish-red hue to the screen. Unlocked/Rooted and fixed it using Franco's kernel app. Now it is a nice bright white. A lot of folks who RMA'd are saying that the color is off...I think they are rushing it and not even making adjustments to the screen.

The volume keys are a little tight compared to my last N4..oh well, no biggie lol (just an observation).

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!