I think this is a bug

I download TV shows using bittorrent, but after I watch them and want to delete them from my download folder, they don't move to the recycle bin. It seems to be mostly mkv files that I can't delete. What can I do?

Edited by lcg
Snipped screenshot showing warez.

Is Windows telling you that they're being used by another program so cannot be deleted? Maybe on the off chance you're still running your torrent client which is seeding them?

In some cases it does, but I'll remove it from the torrent client, and try and I'll get what I get in the pic I posted. In that pic it doesn't tell me its being used by another program, it just does what I posted and does nothing, I could leave it like that for like half hour and nothing changes.

try to deleted without sending to recycle bin (shift+del).. if they are in use, this will prob give u a more specific error

Ahh, a polite suggestion that you lose the pictures and description..

The forum rules pretty much make your thread a spanking offense..

Also, try deleting the folder/files from the command line.

try to deleted without sending to recycle bin (shift+del).. if they are in use, this will prob give u a more specific error

I just tried that and nothing happens. It just sits at, deleting downloads at 0%.

I can't do that anymore, because I have already removed it from the bittorrent client. Now I want to remove the media files from my downloads folder in Windows 8

Ahh, a polite suggestion that you lose the pictures and description..

The forum rules pretty much make your thread a spanking offense..

Also, try deleting the folder/files from the command line.

not sure how to do that from the command line

I can't do that anymore, because I have already removed it from the bittorrent client. Now I want to remove the media files from my downloads folder in Windows 8

not sure how to do that from the command line

I'd remove your screenshot if you don't want the thread closed

I'd remove your screenshot if you don't want the thread closed

how come i don't see a edit link anymore?

Your time ran out to edit

sooo, how can I remove the pic then?? I posted that, this morning.

If someone else can and wants to remove the pic, then go ahead

sooo, how can I remove the pic then?? I posted that, this morning.

If someone else can and wants to remove the pic, then go ahead

I didn't know your time had run out until you said there was no edit

Turn off the preview pane. I am tech support where I work and one guy has Windows 8 and called me every day for a week trying to delete things. turns out preview pane was holding onto a lock on the files that prevented deletion. I have never used it so I didn't think to check for it. I can't say for certain that it will fix your issue but it's a place to start.

Do a restart then attempt to delete before doing anything else. Had this problem and discovered that the video viewer that came with win 8 was the problem child.